Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Incorrect sync of "all day" events over multiple days

Incorrect sync of "all day" events over multiple days

Help,

If I create an entry of a few days holiday running over a number of days by creating an entry in the calendar, setting it to all day and setting the "to date" a number of days later it does not sync correctly.

If created on the phone in Deja Office and I then sync it, in Outlook it shows as starting on the same date BUT finishing one day earlier.

However, if I create it first in Outlook and then sync it, it is created correctly in Deja Office. If I subsequently edit that entry in Deja Office (for example by adding a text comment) then when I next sync it, in Outlook it again shows as starting on the same date BUT finishing one day earlier.

Windows 7, Outlook 2010, Deja Office 1.10.9, Companion Link V4 (Build 4034), HTC Desire running ANdroid 2.2

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
    Help,

If I create an entry of a few days holiday running over a number of days by creating an entry in the calendar, setting it to all day and setting the "to date" a number of days later it does not sync correctly.

If created on the phone in Deja Office and I then sync it, in Outlook it shows as starting on the same date BUT finishing one day earlier.

However, if I create it first in Outlook and then sync it, it is created correctly in Deja Office. If I subsequently edit that entry in Deja Office (for example by adding a text comment) then when I next sync it, in Outlook it again shows as starting on the same date BUT finishing one day earlier.

Windows 7, Outlook 2010, Deja Office 1.10.9, Companion Link V4 (Build 4034), HTC Desire running ANdroid 2.2
    Hi Nelson,

Thank you for posting this. I am in the process of documenting Calendar issues so we can fix them.

Sorry for the inconvenience on this. This is a known issue we are working on resolving. If you are new to the forums you can research some older threads that break this issue down in great detail.
    Long story short is the myriad of various computer systems that converge to provide you with a calendar on your phone all calculate time differently. I know that sounds kinda fluffy and hard to believe but it is true.
    Think of it like Metric System to Standard conversion issues.
    I am noting the specifics of the issue you are experiencing and will pass it along to the development team.

Thanks

Thank you Thomas. For me until this is fixed the package does not work. Please e-mail me when fixed.

I will now test diary entries where an entry occurs every week on the same day at a set time.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Thank you Thomas. For me until this is fixed the package does not work. Please e-mail me when fixed.

I will now test diary entries where an entry occurs every week on the same day at a set time.
    Hi Nelson,

Can you please provide one more piece of information as it will strongly determine the outcome of how DejaOffice behaves.

Can you check if your Andoid is set for your Calendar to sync with Google.

Follow these steps to verify:
    From the Android main screen tap Menu>Settings>Account & Sync
    Select the Google Account (There might several accounts listed here: It usually is the default google account entered when the phone was activated.)
    Please indicate if Sync Calendar is checked or not.

If it was checked, you may want to uncheck Calendar and experiment with the net affect that has on DejaOffice Calendar.
    We have seen things get cleaner when this is turned off.

Thomas,

Within DejaOffice Goolge calendar is set to not sync with Google calendar. Having read your notes before installing I choose that option. Also, in the Android system I set the phone to sync only GMail and not contacts or Calendar. So, apart from Google contacts it is a clean system which syncs with one PC only via WiFi (which is excellent - thank you)

Diary entries at a set time (say 10:00 to 11:00) for every Monday (or any other day) with an end date of a choosen Monday initally worked OK. i.e. if created in Google it synced correctly to DejaOffice and vice versa. If I opened all instances and added text to the note section this also replicated correctly both ways regardless whether done in Outlook or DejaOffice. However, if I choose to open a specific instance rather than all and added some text then all is not well. It works correctly if I do it in DejaOffice and then sync. That way Outlook has the details also etc. BUT, if I add some text to a specific instance in Outlook and sync then in DejaOffice an addition "all day" entry is created in DejaOffice. This additional entry contains the amended text but the other does not. The additional entry is stand alone without repeats. Also, if I then sync again this additional entry is not copied to Outlook. BUT if I amend the text the corresponding occurence in Outlook is updated. Sigh! Please add this to your list of items to fix and as before please e-mail me when available. For me it is as before, until this and the earlier problems are fixed the package is not viable for use.

On a separate note, I love the Contacts section. Works well for me so far

DejaOffice Team Member
    Thomas,

Within DejaOffice Goolge calendar is set to not sync with Google calendar. Having read your notes before installing I choose that option. Also, in the Android system I set the phone to sync only GMail and not contacts or Calendar. So, apart from Google contacts it is a clean system which syncs with one PC only via WiFi (which is excellent - thank you)

Diary entries at a set time (say 10:00 to 11:00) for every Monday (or any other day) with an end date of a choosen Monday initally worked OK. i.e. if created in Google it synced correctly to DejaOffice and vice versa. If I opened all instances and added text to the note section this also replicated correctly both ways regardless whether done in Outlook or DejaOffice. However, if I choose to open a specific instance rather than all and added some text then all is not well. It works correctly if I do it in DejaOffice and then sync. That way Outlook has the details also etc. BUT, if I add some text to a specific instance in Outlook and sync then in DejaOffice an addition "all day" entry is created in DejaOffice. This additional entry contains the amended text but the other does not. The additional entry is stand alone without repeats. Also, if I then sync again this additional entry is not copied to Outlook. BUT if I amend the text the corresponding occurence in Outlook is updated. Sigh! Please add this to your list of items to fix and as before please e-mail me when available. For me it is as before, until this and the earlier problems are fixed the package is not viable for use.

On a separate note, I love the Contacts section. Works well for me so far
    Hi Nelson,

Thanks for the detailed info. This helps me attempt to reproduce this in house. Are you still using CompanionLink build 4034?

Hi Thomas,

Yes, still using build 4034. Reading your release notes there did not seem to be anything in the recent releases around this problem. Would you like me to install the most recent build?

DejaOffice Team Member
    Hi Thomas,

Yes, still using build 4034. Reading your release notes there did not seem to be anything in the recent releases around this problem. Would you like me to install the most recent build?
    Build 4034 was tricky for some users due to Android OS updates pushed by specific wireless carriers to specific devices. I don't think it is imperative to update, but you can decide for yourself. If something comes up that I would recommend it I will post that.

Thomas,
    Thank you. I will stay on build 4034 for now either untill next release or if you advise to change.
    Back to repeating diary entries. There I was tonight thinking I would try a different way of repeating all day events and have found yet another problem. Sigh!
    I wished to schedule a Sat and Sunday as two "all day" events (A major software upgrade exercise at work) so I created an entry in the DJO diary, setting it to all day and the date of the Saturday. Then I set recurrence at daily, and "every Days" field to 1 and gave an Repeat End date of the Sunday. Thought I was being clever finding an alternative way that would work. So, full of optimism and hope pressed "save" and then looked at the entry in the DJO. Much to my horror I found that there were three entries. Sat, Sun & Mon.

Thomas,

Weird. Have just done it again after sync to Outlook and now it works as it should! Tried different dates and all seems OK.