Thread: PC Sync Forum

Wink PC Sync Forum

CompanionLink has been doing PC Sync since the dawn of PC Sync.

It is a little known fact that in 1999, CompanionLink merged with the portion of Polaris Packrat known as Polaris Windows Link. This is the company that pioneered PC Sync with it's "Windows Link for Casio BOSS" in 1988. It was a pretty amazing product for it's time, eight years ahead of Palm, and well before Apple Newton and other portable tools.

Since that time, CompanionLink has been instrumental in supplying synchronization for TeleMagic (now sunset), ACT!, GoldMine, Lotus Notes and a host of other PC Applications.

Of course, the work and details of sync are never done. Post any ideas or contributions on this forum about data on your PC that you would like included in DejaOffice on the Android and iPhone.

Pewmookybob, Welcome to the forums.

What database are you using? CompanionLink has always focused on applications sync, and not just raw databases like MDB files or proprietary format files.

A contact phone number in DJO (with no duplicates in DJO or in Android Contacts), appears in Palm Dektop in every field (in same contact)having the same label and empty field. I deleted duplicated phone numbers and I modified labels in Palm Desktop to avoid duplicated labels (and unnecessary duplicated phone number within one contact), but I "feel" sync make them change again and problem re-appear...
    Last edited by NickStick; 04-27-2011 at 08:39 AM.
    WinXP - Palm Desktop 4.2 - Sony Xperia ZR - Android 4.2.2 - CL 5.0 (B.5070) - DJO 2.5.2 (484) - Hotsync 6.1.0 - WiFi Sync

I have problems syncing between act and my Iphone. When I sync I get duplicate meeting in my iphone calendar. I have to then sync my iphone with an empty outlook calendar in order to clear the duplicate entries. After that I attempt to do a purge and reload all with act reloading everything into my ihpone. This works fine with contacts but the calendar will not show up in the iphone calendar. It shows correctly in the Deja Office calendar but no entries at all in the iphone calendar. any ideas on what to do???? I tried syncing Deja Office with the iphone calendar and that did not work either.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cigarmanpr View Post
    I have problems syncing between act and my Iphone. When I sync I get duplicate meeting in my iphone calendar. I have to then sync my iphone with an empty outlook calendar in order to clear the duplicate entries. After that I attempt to do a purge and reload all with act reloading everything into my ihpone. This works fine with contacts but the calendar will not show up in the iphone calendar. It shows correctly in the Deja Office calendar but no entries at all in the iphone calendar. any ideas on what to do???? I tried syncing Deja Office with the iphone calendar and that did not work either.
    Hi Cigarman,

This may sound a little confusing but what you are describing is expected behavior. DejaOffice shares the same iOS Contacts database, but has it's own database for Calendars, Tasks and Notes.
    If you wish to merge your iOS Calendar data and your DejaOffice Calendar data try the following steps:
    Please note I said Merge... This will combine the data in both Calenders. So duplicate entries are very possible depending on the state of your native iPhone Calendar.
    1. Launch DejaOffice and tap Settings.
    2. Tap Sync> Tap Sync with iPhone Calendar App.
    3. Select Yes.
    After this has been set up you will notice a new icon in the DejaOffice Main Screen "Read iPhone Calendar".
    You can sync the two clandars by using this icon after it has been set up in DejaOffice.

I hope this helps.

Here is my sync procedure:

1) Click sync icon on phone
    2) Click on "OK" after waiting "reading Android contacts" (few seconds)
    3) Click on "OK" of "pls attach USB cable and access SD card" warning
    4) Click on "OK" of "Done" warning appearing on PC (few seconds)

DJO <-> Palm Desktop sync is rather quick (800 contacts and 2 years calendar) and I can live with all those "clicks" compared to the single click of old Palm.

...but then we have

5) Click on "OK" after waiting 10 MINUTES long "syncing Android contacts"

At least: can I have the confirmation that it's happening "in the background" so it doesn't need USB connection any more, thus I can disconnect USB cable and walk away?

I have a doubt because later, SOMETIMES, when I access DJO, a "connect USB before pressing sync" warning appears but it doesn't look to affect any DJO functionality...

Cheers.
    WinXP - Palm Desktop 4.2 - Sony Xperia ZR - Android 4.2.2 - CL 5.0 (B.5070) - DJO 2.5.2 (484) - Hotsync 6.1.0 - WiFi Sync

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NickStick View Post
    A contact phone number in DJO (with no duplicates in DJO or in Android Contacts), appears in Palm Dektop in every field (in same contact)having the same label and empty field. I deleted duplicated phone numbers and I modified labels in Palm Desktop to avoid duplicated labels (and unnecessary duplicated phone number within one contact), but I "feel" sync make them change again and problem re-appear...
    Hi Nick,

I sent you a private message with some configuration steps I think will help.
    Respond to the private message if you have any questions. I will reply ASAP.

I am trying to get sync to work

On my PC I have version 5.0 for Outlook setup for Direct USB Sync for my BCM data.
    On my Droid 2 I have version 1.12.2 loaded.
    I connect the USB cable and have tried configuring the USB for Charging Only, I have also tried For USB Mass Storage. Both ways I can see the Droid files on my PC.

I go to DajaOffice Sync and I get two different messages - either "Sync is not yet finished" or "Close DajaOffice, Connect USB Cable, open sync again"

What is going on ? Why can't I sync?

When I check my version to verify, it says I'm ok for Version 4.0, which is the verion I purchased earlier this year.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KJones View Post
    I am trying to get sync to work

On my PC I have version 5.0 for Outlook setup for Direct USB Sync for my BCM data.
    On my Droid 2 I have version 1.12.2 loaded.
    I connect the USB cable and have tried configuring the USB for Charging Only, I have also tried For USB Mass Storage. Both ways I can see the Droid files on my PC.

I go to DajaOffice Sync and I get two different messages - either "Sync is not yet finished" or "Close DajaOffice, Connect USB Cable, open sync again"

What is going on ? Why can't I sync?

When I check my version to verify, it says I'm ok for Version 4.0, which is the verion I purchased earlier this year.
    Hello KJones,

So sorry you are having this trouble.
    Please use the link below to submit a support ticket:
    http://www.companionlink.com/support/contact.html