+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DejaOffice for Windows

DejaOffice for Windows

Will there be a version of DejaOffice for the PC?

I use Palm Desktop, but I do not think this will run indefinitely on future versions of Windows as it is abandoned.

Also, I think there is most precise Sync if Desktop & Mobile versions are from the same software editor.

John
    Last edited by brjlk; 03-30-2011 at 08:33 AM.

I would love to know the same thing. It sure would make my life easier. Right now, I use my Palm Desktop (which will not run on Windows 7 BTW), sync to my DJO (or vice-versa), and then get a my Google Calendar synced too. It's a recipe for disaster....LOL I've already come very close.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RTraw View Post
    I would love to know the same thing. It sure would make my life easier. Right now, I use my Palm Desktop (which will not run on Windows 7 BTW), sync to my DJO (or vice-versa), and then get a my Google Calendar synced too. It's a recipe for disaster....LOL I've already come very close.
    We normally recommend Pimlical for folks who are looking for a PC desktop alternative to Palm Desktop. It works with CompanionLink as well.

I would like to add my 2 cents, also. It would be very nice to have a DejaOffice on the PC that would sync to.

Another 2 cents ... DejaOffice for the PC ... even if we need CL to sync to it.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by evolight View Post
    Another 2 cents ... DejaOffice for the PC ... even if we need CL to sync to it.
    Noted.

A PC Desktop app exceeds CompanionLink's scope and primary focus.
    Our goal is support a broad set of PC Data manger options. Not drive users to a specific Data Manager.

I can respond much faster to your questions about DejaOffice if you include the following information in your Signature:
    Mobile Device and OS
    DejaOffice version#
    CompanionLink build #
    Data Manager App (Outlook ACT! PalmDesktop etc..)
    Sync Method with CompanionLink
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. - Please include the "Account" Selected to Sync with for Contacts and or Calendar.
    Also - Please avoid using terms like, "Latest Update", that can mean too many things. Version # is greatly appreciated.

Isn't DejaOffice a data management software application?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Noted.

A PC Desktop app exceeds CompanionLink's scope and primary focus.
    Our goal is support a broad set of PC Data manger options. Not drive users to a specific Data Manager.
    I think that I misunderstood what this forum is about. I thought that this was about DejaOffice, a data management software application. I would pay to have this run on my PC and my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by rjones View Post
    I think that I misunderstood what this forum is about. I thought that this was about DejaOffice, a data management software application. I would pay to have this run on my PC and my phone.
    Not sure exactly where you misunderstood. This forum is for Deja Office. Deja Office is a data management app (Personal Information Manager) for phone platforms (Android, iOS) that uses a desktop sync manager (Companion Link) to sync with any number of already existing desktop data management programs such as Outlook, Palm Desktop, ACT!, Pimlical, etc.

Is there a question you had about Deja Office?
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

+ Reply to Thread