Thread: Contacts not syncing properly on Droid 2

Unhappy Contacts not syncing properly on Droid 2

I have a Droid 2, running 2.3.20.A955.Verizon.en.US, CompanionLink for Outlook 4.0 (Build 4036), and DejaOffice 1.10.9

When I first installed DejaOffice, I had decided that I would just use Deja Office and I didnt care about the native contact application. I followed the directions for syncing and got everything setup. Then I realized that, because I had no native contacts, I was not able to use the native contact icon on the home screen to pull up contacts to call. In addition, I realized I had lost any Facebook contacts that were added to my native contacts, along with the pictures that displayed when they called me.

Next, I decided to try to sync both the PC and the native contacts, which is NOT recommended (because of potential duplicates?). The software recommended Purge and Reload if I chose to go this way. I did as suggested and set the system to purge and reload everything. I also had edited a number of records in Outlook.

The sync did not purge anything. In fact, now I have a mess, with many records on the phone the way they were prior to editing in Outlook.

Reading one of the posts in the forum, I set my Outlook settings as Outlook to Android and to Purge and Reload everything. Nothing happens. I still have the same mess for my phone contacts in DejaOffice.

I have also rebooted my Droid 2, and tried again with no success.

How do I wipe this database and start over? Purge and Reload is NOT working.

Right now, I just want what I have in Outlook to be whats on the device. Then, once I get at least that part correct, I can worry about how to get around the native contact icon on the home screen and the Facebook contacts issues.

Also, I dont want to load the 1.11 beta until I get this all figured out.

[AB42638] Here are some steps to completely clean out an Android phone, and re-establish the databases from the PC.

==== If you have contacts in Google you wish to keep (Option 1) =======

Turn off Google Contacts sync on the Android:
    1. Open Settings. Select "Accounts", "Accounts & Sync", or "Data Synchronization"
    2. Select the Google account (if available)
    3. Uncheck Contacts and/or Calendar
    NOTE: With Auto-Sync turned off, your Contact and Calendar data will no longer be sent to Google.

Manually clear out contacts in the native app:
    1. Go to Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/All/Contacts Storage
    NOTE: If you do not see "All" select Menu/Filter/All
    2. Select Clear Data
    NOTE: NOT RECOMMENDED for Droid X, Droid 2, and Droid Pro (use Option 2 below)

==== If you have contacts in Google that you DO NOT want (Option 2) ======

Clear out contacts in Gmail
    1. Log in to your Gmail account and clear out your contact list.
    2. Let this sync to Android so the Android list is also clear.

Turn off Google Contacts sync on the Android:
    1. Open Settings. Select "Accounts", "Accounts & Sync", or "Data Synchronization"
    2. Select the Google account (if available)
    3. Uncheck Contacts and/or Calendar
    NOTE: With Auto-Sync turned off, your Contact and Calendar data will no longer be sent to Google.

====Clear everything out of DejaOffice====

1.Connect the phone to the PC
    2.Mount the phone in USB Storage mode
    3.On the PC look for the clusb folder and delete it
    4.Unmount the phone from the PC/Turn off USB Storage mode

=====Clean up your PC data and re-sync=======
    1. On your PC, make sure your contact manager is free of duplicates and any unwanted data.
    2. Finally, in CompanionLink select "Reread PC data on next sync" from the options menu. This will replace all the data
    on
    the phone on the next synchronization process that is performed.

Tech Support
    CompanionLink Software, Inc.

Question Okay so far...

I did as you suggested, and it cleaned my phone. Then, I unchecked syncing the Google account contacts with Google, and synced the phone. Everything was good in DejaOffice; the native contacts showed only my Facebook contacts. I then hit Read Android Data, to get the DejaOffice data into the native contacts. That worked, and the DejaOffice contacts are now the same as the native contacts.

My question now iswill the Facebook contacts eventually show up again, or are they gone from the native contacts?

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffieboy56 View Post
    I did as you suggested, and it cleaned my phone. Then, I unchecked syncing the Google account contacts with Google, and synced the phone. Everything was good in DejaOffice; the native contacts showed only my Facebook contacts. I then hit Read Android Data, to get the DejaOffice data into the native contacts. That worked, and the DejaOffice contacts are now the same as the native contacts.

My question now iswill the Facebook contacts eventually show up again, or are they gone from the native contacts?
    Hi Jeff,

If you want to sync your Facebook Contacts back to the Android Contatcs Database follow these steps in Facebook.
    1.From the FB app main screen tap Menu>Settings
    2. Scroll down to the Sync Contacts Option and follow the prompts to Sync your Contacts.

I hope this helps.

Question Still having problem...

I went to my Facebook app (version 1.5.2), pulled up the settings, but have no sync contacts option. I only have General Settings (refresh interval and whether or not notifications are active), Notification Settings (what and how to be notified), and "Other Settings (helpful tips).