Thread: "Add contact" in Calendar event not sending to that contact.

"Add contact" in Calendar event not sending to that contact.

DJO Calendar events are not sending the "add contact"/"add guest" to the event on Google caendar.

I create a DJO calendar event and invite someone "add contact". The event goes to the DJO calendar and the google calendar, but that contact never receives my invite. I verifed the contact email address is in the DJO address book.

I have DJO sync with the google calendar and this works. If I go into the web based calendar to make sure is there, the event is there. So DJO is sending the event to the google calendar, but there isnt a contact in the "add guest" box in the event inside the google calendar.

My wife puts all her desk shifts on her DJO so sharing her google calendar is not an option. She just wants to send the important events as invites so I have them.

I know this is something that Google calendar is able to do, because I was able to create an event with her invited, and she was able to invite me to different one. This only seems to work with Google calendar.

My wife doesnt want to use "two" calendars. I know they are the same calendar, but she only wants to access one. Preferably DJOs. She is a heavy Task user.

We are both using HTC Thunderbolts.

Current versions of DJO and sync /wifi

My wife is the one who uses DJO.
    I don't use DJO, I only use google.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oneidgoof View Post
    DJO Calendar events are not sending the "add contact"/"add guest" to the event on Google caendar.

I create a DJO calendar event and invite someone "add contact". The event goes to the DJO calendar and the google calendar, but that contact never receives my invite. I verifed the contact email address is in the DJO address book.

I have DJO sync with the google calendar and this works. If I go into the web based calendar to make sure is there, the event is there. So DJO is sending the event to the google calendar, but there isnt a contact in the "add guest" box in the event inside the google calendar.

My wife puts all her desk shifts on her DJO so sharing her google calendar is not an option. She just wants to send the important events as invites so I have them.

I know this is something that Google calendar is able to do, because I was able to create an event with her invited, and she was able to invite me to different one. This only seems to work with Google calendar.

My wife doesnt want to use "two" calendars. I know they are the same calendar, but she only wants to access one. Preferably DJOs. She is a heavy Task user.

We are both using HTC Thunderbolts.

Current versions of DJO and sync /wifi

My wife is the one who uses DJO.
    I don't use DJO, I only use google.
    Hi Oneidgoof,

Sorry you are having troubles with this. I want to make sure I am hearing you correctly. The issue lies with sending invitations for calendar events in the DejaCal app.These events were created in DejaCal. Correct?
    Also, does your wife sync to her PC Desktop with CompanionLink?
    If yes, What Sync method and desktop PIM is she syncing to? What CompanionLink build # is she using?

Thanks

Yes, issue is when sending invitations for calendar events in DejaCal app.
    Yes, events were created with DejaCal.
    Yes, I have my wifes PC sync with CompainionLink.
    Sync method is Oulook with Wifi.

Not at her PC right now, but I just downloaded the 14 trial on Thursday last week.

Deja office version 1.10.9

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oneidgoof View Post
    Yes, issue is when sending invitations for calendar events in DejaCal app.
    Yes, events were created with DejaCal.
    Yes, I have my wifes PC sync with CompainionLink.
    Sync method is Oulook with Wifi.

Not at her PC right now, but I just downloaded the 14 trial on Thursday last week.
    Thanks for the information. At this time DejaOffice does not support sending invitations for Calendar events that have contacts assigned to it. However, you present a valid point, one that I plan on presenting to our dev team for consideration. In the time being the work around I can recommend is if the event is created in DejaOffice, send an invitation via Outlook once the Calendar event has been synced back to the PC.

I hope this information helps.

Thank you for your response Thomas. She would love that to be developed into a future release. 8)

The Outlook option would work at her PC, but I am wondering how she can do it from her phone.

I didn't turn on sync android calendar to google because it said that it might cause duplications.

Did I understand that correctly, or can I turn this on so she can create events with either the google website or android calendar app and have it sync with her DejaCal?

Or do I even need to enable that for her to create an android event and have the android calendar send out an invite without google being linked to phone?

Forgive me for any confusion on terms or anything android.

We both are coming from Blackberrys. I will never go back! You can't make me!

Nm, i found someone here at work that has that setup and he was able to send me an invite without being linked to google calendar.

Thanks again.

SO far so good.