Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: DejaOffice v1.12.8 avail in the Market

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    Hi Thomas, Happy New Year.

I believe it has to be at the end for the CompanionLink USB connection, as my syncs never offer an "optional phase" of syncing with my native Android databases. Whenever I install/reinstall DJO in my phone, I always disable any syncing options with the phone's native Android databases; the only places where my data resides is in Outlook 2003 in my PC and DJO in the phone.

Thank you for the link to data recovery!
    MMP,

If you are still on build 5004 as your signature indicates, definitely update ASAP to build 5012.

I have Build 5012, I just need to update my signature. It doesn't matter. DJO freezes at random after syncing, triggering a "force close" and wiping out all the data. Will try your link this time, but this is tedious.
    Windows 8.1 - Office 365/Outlook 2013 - Nokia Lumia 1020

I had a freeze with the calendar upon the first opening after syncing as well (endless spinning wheel loading calendar data), just yesterday. After the 'force close' it did upon just normal.
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

DejaOffice Team Member
    I have Build 5012, I just need to update my signature. It doesn't matter. DJO freezes at random after syncing, triggering a "force close" and wiping out all the data. Will try your link this time, but this is tedious.
    Hi MMP,

Sorry this is continuing for you.
    Couple things I would try:

1. Run a Scanpst.exe on your Outlook Database file.
    2. Do a Purge and Reload Sync (Delete all records on Android Device)
    Both of these may take some time to run so perhaps when it is convenient...

Also as an aside....
    Did you and I have a discussion about Outlook Duplicate utilities you use get rid of Duplicate records? I am trying to remember who I spoke to about that.

Yes, it may have been me -- Miguel, with a huge database in my Outlook 2003. So huge in fact, that a scan.pst is not an option; it has a limit as to the number of GB of Outlook data it can process. So instead what I did recently under Microsoft tech support guidance was create a new personal folder file in order to slim down and "purify" my Outlook (it sounds ascetic, but it is actually a rather pedestrian procedure.) As for the purge/reload on DJO, I've been forced to do it a couple of times. As you rightly guess, it takes so long that I'm now reverting instead to the recovery of the backed up "companionlink<date>.db" folder instead, a really handy solution you offered recently (BTW, the clusb\backup folder naturally resides in my phone's internal drive, not the SD card... Is this the way it's supposed to be?

But DJO continues to act up, freezing at random, force-closing, wiping out data, etc. Even when it syncs successfully, I've noticed some new disfunctionalities with the new 1.12.8 version. For instance, it is highly recommended that you set Outlook to work offline during the sync; otherwise, regularly scheduled send/receives will slow down the sync to a crawl. I also find often that if I try to print an email from Outlook while the sync is going on, the sync will also slow down or simply freeze.

If all of this makes it seem like my PC, my phone or my Outlook -- and not DJO -- are the ones who need looking into, all I can say is that they are all working normally.

Hi, Thomas. I don't see my previous message responding to yours posted, for some reason. As I described in it, I cannot run a scan.pst because my Outlook datafile is too large. Instead, I created a new personal folders file and it is working correctly. But the situation regarding the syncs is untenable. Every time when I get to end of the sync, DJO freezes at the "Sync Completed" window on the phone; no matter how often I tap "OK", it remains frozen. Which only leaves me the option on a force-close and the subsequent wipeout of everything, approximately 40,000 records. So, essentially, every single sync eventually triggers the deletion of my entire data on the phone. As you can imagine, purging and reloading 40,000 records only to have them erased at the next sync is not a good prospect. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling DJO on the phone twice. Didn't solve the issue.

At this point, I am about to give up on DJO/CL altogether. Is there any last recourse you can think of?

Thank you.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Yes, it may have been me -- Miguel, with a huge database in my Outlook 2003. So huge in fact, that a scan.pst is not an option; it has a limit as to the number of GB of Outlook data it can process. So instead what I did recently under Microsoft tech support guidance was create a new personal folder file in order to slim down and "purify" my Outlook (it sounds ascetic, but it is actually a rather pedestrian procedure.) As for the purge/reload on DJO, I've been forced to do it a couple of times. As you rightly guess, it takes so long that I'm now reverting instead to the recovery of the backed up "companionlink<date>.db" folder instead, a really handy solution you offered recently (BTW, the clusb\backup folder naturally resides in my phone's internal drive, not the SD card... Is this the way it's supposed to be?

But DJO continues to act up, freezing at random, force-closing, wiping out data, etc. Even when it syncs successfully, I've noticed some new disfunctionalities with the new 1.12.8 version. For instance, it is highly recommended that you set Outlook to work offline during the sync; otherwise, regularly scheduled send/receives will slow down the sync to a crawl. I also find often that if I try to print an email from Outlook while the sync is going on, the sync will also slow down or simply freeze.

If all of this makes it seem like my PC, my phone or my Outlook -- and not DJO -- are the ones who need looking into, all I can say is that they are all working normally.

MMP,

If your device has an SDC card the CLUSB folder should be located there.
    You may need to do a Wipe n Restore of your Android device then install DejaOffice with the SDCard inserted.