+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can Deja Contacts sync with the android contacts (ie so I can see incoming callerz)

Hybrid View

Christopher G. Mendla

Can Deja Contacts sync with the android contacts (ie so I can see incoming callerz)

Hello

When I add contacts to my outlook and sync them with deja contacts via companionlink, the sync works OK. However, suppose I add Mary to my contacts with her phone number and then sync. If I get an incoming call from mary, I don't see the name on my phone.

Is there any way to sync the data from deja contacts or to import it into the native droid contact list?

I saw the option for syncing with the native droid apps. However, there is a warning that it could corrupt my data.

- Outlook 2007 running on vista home premium
    - Companion link paid version
    - Deja office on the droid
    - Motorola Droid - x
    - Tethered via USB
    - I use a lot of the contact fields but I especially use the Notes field

I am not terribly worried about syncing the calendar at this time, just the contacts.

thanks

chris

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher G. Mendla View Post
    Hello

When I add contacts to my outlook and sync them with deja contacts via companionlink, the sync works OK. However, suppose I add Mary to my contacts with her phone number and then sync. If I get an incoming call from mary, I don't see the name on my phone.

Is there any way to sync the data from deja contacts or to import it into the native droid contact list?

I saw the option for syncing with the native droid apps. However, there is a warning that it could corrupt my data.

- Outlook 2007 running on vista home premium
    - Companion link paid version
    - Deja office on the droid
    - Motorola Droid - x
    - Tethered via USB
    - I use a lot of the contact fields but I especially use the Notes field

I am not terribly worried about syncing the calendar at this time, just the contacts.

thanks

chris
    Hi Christopher,

Great question, and the answer is yes!

Follow the Steps below:
    1. Open DejaOffice and Select Setttings>Sync Settings.
    2. Add a check mark to the Sync with Android Contacts option.
    3. Save the Changes and Navigate back to the Main DejaOffice Screen.
    4. You should now see a new icon in the main screen "Read Android Data".
    5. Tap the icon and it will read add your contact data into DejaOffice.

A couple things to keep in mind when you do this:
    Some users report longer sync times when they sync with CompanionLink with this option turned on.
    Some users report duplicate records if they setup this feature after their initial sync Sync with CompanionLink.

I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Hi Christopher,

Great question, and the answer is yes!

Follow the Steps below:
    1. Open DejaOffice and Select Setttings>Sync Settings.
    2. Add a check mark to the Sync with Android Contacts option.
    3. Save the Changes and Navigate back to the Main DejaOffice Screen.
    4. You should now see a new icon in the main screen "Read Android Data".
    5. Tap the icon and it will read add your contact data into DejaOffice.

A couple things to keep in mind when you do this:
    Some users report longer sync times when they sync with CompanionLink with this option turned on.
    Some users report duplicate records if they setup this feature after their initial sync Sync with CompanionLink.

I hope this helps.
    I . My problem is different.
    I send a sms from DO Contacts (select a contact & Click on the message icon). When I look at my msg list in the built-in sms application, I can see the name of
    my recipients, while I see only the numbers of my senders. I have HTC Desire Z. How to make the name of my recipients appear?

John

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brjlk View Post
    I send a sms from DO Contacts (select a contact & Click on the message icon). When I look at my msg list in the built-in sms application, I can see the name of
    my recipients, while I see only the numbers of my senders. I have HTC Desire Z. How to make the name of my recipients appear?

John
    Hi John,

I just tested this behavior with an HTC Inspire. If Sync with Android Contacts is disabled then the behavior you are reporting occurs. If Sync with Android Contacts is enabled, then the Contact information displays in the native SMS app.

Do you have Sync with Android contacts enabled? It is the only way to get the result you are looking for.
    Please Advise.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brjlk View Post

John
    John,

It sounds like the name of the recipient is not saved as a contact record in the Native Android Contacts application. The SMS application ties directly to the Android Contacts database not the DejaContacts Database.
    This behavior would be expected if there is no permanent Contact Record in Android Contacts with the phone # associated with it.

I did that and I still see nothing in the deja office contacts. What settings do I need to setup to sync android contacts so they show up in deja office contacts? Also, when I sync with laptop nothing shows up in my outlook contacts. All this started when I upgraded my outlook to 2016 version. But, I am still puzzled why deja office contacts are not importing from the android app. Help

I am running a galaxy note 4 android device and deja office version 7 and also syncing to outlook 2016 using laptop with win 10. I am using wireless sync
    Last edited by frankebobo; 05-24-2016 at 01:07 PM.

Frankebobo, welcome to the forums.

CompanionLink Tech Support, or DejaOffice support are both happy to help you. You can email dejaoffice at support@dejaoffice.com. You can call CompanionLink at (503)243-5200 Hours 7am-3:30pm Pacific Time Mon-Fri.

To sync to Android Contacts, go to DejaOffice settings, Sync Settings. Check the box to "Sync to Android Contacts", and select which account to sync to. I'm assuming you already did this since it's in the setup wizard.

In Android Contacts, be sure to set your display options to show all contacts.

If your phone is on Marshmallow there may be other considerations and Tech Support can help you out with that. I also use a Galaxy Note 4.

Thomas,

I've gotten my contacts messed up and am trying to recover. I would like to ensure I get all the contacts in the native Android contacts app on my phone into DejaOffice on that phone, so I can then sync them to Outlook on the desktop with Companion Link over wifi. I have followed the steps you describe and ran Read Android Data. Strangely, a test entry I made in the Android Contacts app did not get read into DejaOffice. Am I doing something wrong? What do I have to check to make sure DejaOffice can pull all my contacts from the Android Contacts App?

Thanks,

Caroline
    Galaxy S6/OS 6.0.1

Hi Thomas,
    I think I have the duplicate thing going as well.
    Would a purge and reload cure this?
    I hate to mess anything else up at this time.
    Thanks.
    Jeff

+ Reply to Thread