Thread: Why ads? I thought I paid partly to keep ads off?!

Why ads? I thought I paid partly to keep ads off?!

After the update yesterday there are suddenly ads appearing at the bottom of the screen. I hate those, and I pay for apps just to keep them away. Is it possible to have an ad-free version, because this is the type of thing that makes me reject apps and I think Deja is perfect and really want to keep using it.

Please, an ad-free version??!!

Thumbs up Note to self (litterally...)

...and to others who are as impatient as yours truly

In General Settings, it is easy to go in and just unmark "Enable advertising". Nothing more difficult than that.

Thanks DO!!

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by m96thpe View Post
    After the update yesterday there are suddenly ads appearing at the bottom of the screen. I hate those, and I pay for apps just to keep them away. Is it possible to have an ad-free version, because this is the type of thing that makes me reject apps and I think Deja is perfect and really want to keep using it.

Please, an ad-free version??!!
    [AB44977] In April 2011 we have added Ads to DejaOffice. We are looking at gently monetizing our cost of
    development on this platform. While PC Sync is a paid product, our handheld side has been free.

If you don't like the ads, in DejaOffice you can easily turn them off. Here's how.

1. Open DejaOffice
    2. Go to Settings then General Settings
    3. Uncheck Enable Advertising

In the future, we may "raise the bar" by having a in app payment or using the PC Software to subsidize the handheld side
    development. For now, there is no charge to turn off advertising within DejaOffice.

I hope this information helps.