Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V1.11.2 of DejaOffice seems to have broken Android Data sync for Contacts

Exclamation V1.11.2 of DejaOffice seems to have broken Android Data sync for Contacts

Configuration Settings:-
    As with earlier versions of DejaOffice, Sync with Android Contacts App selected and account selected.

Scenarios:-
    1) Add entry to native Android contacts (for example as one would if call received and wished to add to contacts database). Entry created in Android contacts database does not sync to DejaOffice.
    2) Add new entry either in Outlook or DejaOffice. DejaOffice entry updated correctly BUT native Android Contacts databse now has duplicates for the new entries.

Also, when running "Read Android Data) the % progress number behaves oddly. Displays for example 15% and flashes to 22% and flashes to 23% and flashes to 16% and such like.

Test sequence Part II

1) Added to Outlook Contacts an entry TEST2 and edited and added information to another entry.
    2) Added to DJO contacts an entry TEST3
    3) Sync
    4) Outlook and DJO entries behaved correctly. i.e. TEST3 appeared in Outlook Contacts, TEST2 entry appeared in DJO and the edit to a different entry in Outlook Contacts replicated correctly to DJO. Android entries appeared for TEST2 and for TEST3 and edit replicated correctly. Hip, Hip hooray!
    5) Deleted TEST2 and TEST3 from Outlook
    6) SYnc
    7) DJO correct (Test2 and TEST3 deleted) BUT they still appeared in the Android Contacts.
    8) Ran "Read Android Data". Same peculiar behaviour of the % values.
    9) TEST2 and TEST3 correctly deleted from Android Contacts.

Ah, some of it becomes clear. The duplications referred to in my earlier post were for entries where there were two very similar entries. In each case there were two entries in Outlook for the same person but in one case filed as Fred, Albert and in the other as Albert, Fred. However, this still leaves two things. One is the fact that the new entries in the Android Contacts did not replicate to the DJO contacts and the other is the perculiar % behaviour with "Read Android Data".

I have upgraded to DJO V1.11.3 and the problem is still the same. Create an entry in the native Android HTC Contacts with a name of say Test 10, Phone 123456 or whatever and then open DJO and run "Read Android Data". The newly created entry in the Android contacts database DOES NOT replicate to the DJO Contacts.

Please help. This and the date issues documented in earlier threads are serious and prevent the product from being effective. THOMAS and DJOCTO please respond. You gave me hope that something was being done to fix these but that seems like aeons ago.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
    I have upgraded to DJO V1.11.3 and the problem is still the same. Create an entry in the native Android HTC Contacts with a name of say Test 10, Phone 123456 or whatever and then open DJO and run "Read Android Data". The newly created entry in the Android contacts database DOES NOT replicate to the DJO Contacts.

Please help. This and the date issues documented in earlier threads are serious and prevent the product from being effective. THOMAS and DJOCTO please respond. You gave me hope that something was being done to fix these but that seems like aeons ago.
    Hi Nelson,

I am reviewing your steps carefully right now.
    Please specify a few items for me:
    Needed:
    Device Model
    Android OS
    Contacts account selected in Settings/Sync Settings

Helpful info:
    CompanionLink Build #
    Sync Method (USB, WiFi, Secure Hosted)

I will get our team looking at this right away but the information requested above is critical. Otherwise it can be like finding a needle in a haystack.

Thanks

Thomas.

Thank you for your speedy response.

Phone - HTC Desire, Android V2.2, Contacts Account selected in DJO settings/Sync - my google account with categories also selected, Google sync settings in phone set to sync only GMail, CompanionLink V4.0 Build 4036, Sync method - WiFi, PC O/S is Windows 7 x64, Outlook version is 2010 32 bit.

Unhappy

I too am having exactly the same issue withthe same device.

Worked fine in previous version of DJO.

Keith

There are definately major bugs in the sync with the Android database (despite it working before a recent update). I've had major problems with it today in line with what Nelson says above. Duplicate entries, entries missing etc. Having spent all day trying to get a workable solution, I've now had enough and am going to uninstall DJO. Too many bugs in all aspects of syncing (including with Outlook). The product is now fairly mature but the sync bugs seem to be getting worse rather than better. It appears to me that the level of testing on updates by DJO is sadly lacking and they appear to use their user base to find bugs rather than test them thoroughly themselves. I'm afraid it's Pocket Informant for me from now on. Shame really because I do like the product. No good if it doesn't work though.

Bump

Any news yet on a fix for this? Please, pretty pleaseeeeeeeeee.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
    Bump

Any news yet on a fix for this? Please, pretty pleaseeeeeeeeee.
    Hi Nelson,

I was unable to reproduce this on my end.
    Can you please verify that the current Sync settings in DJO are still pointing to the correct Contacts Account.
    Follow these steps:
    1. Open DejaOffice and Tap Settings, then Sync Settings.
    2. Verify Sync with Native Contacts is checked and verify the account selected is the same as the account you created the contacts in the Android Contacts account.

Thanks.

Thomas,

No problem in reproducing it. Yesterday I spent ages purging and reloading from the PC and have finally established the area in which the problem lies. (And yes, I have run the Microsoft utilities to ensure the Outlook database is OK and does not have any internal problems) Basically it is related to categories clashes between Android, DJO and Outlook and also "Show auto GMail contacts" in the Android contacts app and even some sort of issue between GMail and Android contacts!

OK, the steps I followed were as follows:
    1) On the phone, Settings/applications/contact data - purge
    2) In CompanionLInk, set contacts to Purge and Reload Contacts,
    3) Run sync wireless
    4) In DJO, Read Android Data
    5) Result entries doubled in the Android contacts database.

Sigh!

1) On the phone, Settings/applications/contact data - purge
    2) In DJO, Read Android Data
    3) Result entries placed in the Android contacts database.
    4) Added entry in Android contacts
    5) In DJO, Read Android Data
    6) Result - new entry not copied to DJO
    7) Much playing with categories
    8) Result - after Read Android data - entry appeared in DJO.
    9) Much playing with categories later (and much purging and reloading data) and the conclusion is as follows:-

1) Categories do cause problems
    2) GMail being loaded and in use on the phone appears to make the problem worse

Current Status:

1) Create and save a new contact in the Android contacts
    2) It does not appear in the Android contacts
    3) Open the Android phone Messages app
    4) Select New Message
    5) Select the person symbol to get the directory list and surprise, surpsise it is there.
    6) Go back to Android contacts database and it is not there?
    7) Run DJO Read Android Data
    8) Shock! It appears in DJO

AND, yes everything points to the correct google account and yes the correct options are selected etc etc.
    Lastly, currently running COmpanionLink 4 Build 4042 and DJO beta 1.11.6