+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: V1.11.2 of DejaOffice seems to have broken Android Data sync for Contacts

AND
    Having purged all the categories from everything, Set an entry in DJO contacts to one of the default categories (Personal) and Read Android data. THis does add the Personal category to the android contacts and the entry is correctly updated.

Next - add the android "Friends" category to an entry in the android contacts database followed by DJO read android data. This category is NOT added to DJO and it is also removed from the android contacts entry.

Next, creata a category "Friends" in DJO, add it to an entry and read android data. Ah, looks like if you creata a DJO category "Friends" then the systems become confused as the key "Friends" already exists within the android system.

Enough for now. I will have to live with the problems till later this week when I can give it some time again. Sigh, I do so want this to just work but this is becoming impossible.

And even more (and this is definitely the last for tonight) I have found something! In DJO Categories when you tap the + symbol to add a new category there is a setting "Contact Account". This is defaulting to "Weather"! I will change this to the correct google account and try again.

PS - when you add another one it still defaults to Weather! Where is this setting controlled?

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
    And even more (and this is definitely the last for tonight) I have found something! In DJO Categories when you tap the + symbol to add a new category there is a setting "Contact Account". This is defaulting to "Weather"! I will change this to the correct google account and try again.

PS - when you add another one it still defaults to Weather! Where is this setting controlled?
    Hi Nelson,

No worries with the posts. Glad you caught where the accounts are being created. We have no control over some of the bizarre accounts that can be accessed by various devices. But that can cause some problems. Let me know how things go. I will be here a while so feel free to post away!

Good Luck

Thomas,

Back for a few moments. Definitely something odd with categories but begining to tease out the pattern. Categories created in DJO are fine providing they are not duplicates of existing ones in the android contacts database.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
    Thomas,

Back for a few moments. Definitely something odd with categories but begining to tease out the pattern. Categories created in DJO are fine providing they are not duplicates of existing ones in the android contacts database.
    That would makes sense, especially if you are syncing with the native Android Contact Database.
    Keep me informed.

+ Reply to Thread