Thread: DejaOffice and HTC's People and Latest Android Platform

DejaOffice and HTC's People and Latest Android Platform

Hello everyone,

I just bought HTC Inspire from AT&T. It runs the latest version of Android. Now, I wanted to sync it with my outlook contacts that have a lot of custom fields generated in Microsoft Contact Manager for Outlook. It worked perfectly. Great job CompanionLink and DejaOffice! I could also sync it with HTC's people application, but there several issues I am currently facing. First, I can not search for contacts that come from DejaOffice in HTC's people. Second, when I want to update an existing contact that is in DejaOffice through HTC's people application, HTC's people does not see that contact at all.

Can you anyone help to resolve the issues?

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Said View Post
    Hello everyone,

I just bought HTC Inspire from AT&T. It runs the latest version of Android. Now, I wanted to sync it with my outlook contacts that have a lot of custom fields generated in Microsoft Contact Manager for Outlook. It worked perfectly. Great job CompanionLink and DejaOffice! I could also sync it with HTC's people application, but there several issues I am currently facing. First, I can not search for contacts that come from DejaOffice in HTC's people. Second, when I want to update an existing contact that is in DejaOffice through HTC's people application, HTC's people does not see that contact at all.

Can you anyone help to resolve the issues?
    Hello Said,

Syncing with people/native Android Contacts is easy. Follow these steps:
    1. Open DejaOffice and tap Stttings>Sync Settings.
    2. Check the Sync with Android Contact Apps option.
    3. Return to the Main Screen in DejaOffice and select the "Read Android Data" icon.

I hope this helps.

Thank you Thomas for replying on my post. But, as it was reflected on my original post I could sync dejaoffice with htc people, no problem at all. Problem being that when you try to search a contact in htc people, it does not see dejaoffise's contacts at all

DejaOffice Team Member
    Thank you Thomas for replying on my post. But, as it was reflected on my original post I could sync dejaoffice with htc people, no problem at all. Problem being that when you try to search a contact in htc people, it does not see dejaoffise's contacts at all
    The behavior you describe in your first post is expected unless you follow the steps outlined in my post. That is how the software works. DejaOffice by default has its own Contacts database that does not communicate with the Native Android Contacts. If you have done the steps I outlined and are still unable to see your DejaOffice Contacts in Native Android Contacts, then that would be a technical problem.

Thank you again. It is what i thought that you realy cannot search for a contact in native htc app for contacts management. Do you know perhaps whether dejaoffice plans to make fearture that will sync contacts with facebook?

DejaOffice Team Member
    Thank you again. It is what i thought that you realy cannot search for a contact in native htc app for contacts management. Do you know perhaps whether dejaoffice plans to make fearture that will sync contacts with facebook?
    Hi Said,

At this time we have no plans to integrate with FaceBook contacts. This is for a number of technical reasons.