Thread: jimboone

Jim Boone

jimboone

I have an epic 4G with 4300 contacts. A sync takes over 1.5 hours. terrible!! Is this normal? What is an average sync time for other people? What can be done to reduce this lousy situation?

I had over 7,000 in my list, and it would not take more than a few minutes to complete a synch via USB. I have never tried WIFI.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Proctor View Post
    I have an epic 4G with 4300 contacts. A sync takes over 1.5 hours. terrible!! Is this normal? What is an average sync time for other people? What can be done to reduce this lousy situation?
    Hi Jim,

So sorry you are having challenges with the Sync Time. I am going to post an artticle below that may help, but I also have some additional questions for you so I can possibly make recommendations that are specific to your configuration.

1.What Desktop SW/PIM are you Syncing to? Outlook, Palm Desktop, etc..
    2.What Sync method are you using? USB, WiFi?
    3.Is the long Sync time you reported a consistent experience or was it the initial sync?
    4.What CompanionLink build # and DejaOffice version are you using?

You may have already done this but a lot of people notice Sync performance increase after turning off the default Google Account Sync.
    [AB42512] When you set up your Android, it automatically sets your Android Contacts and Android Calendar to synchronize to
    Google. Here is how to turn it off:

1. Open Settings. Select "Accounts", "Accounts & Sync", or "Data Synchronization"
    2. Select the Google account (if available)
    3. Uncheck Contacts and/or Calendar

I hope this information helps.

I look forward to your response.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Hi Jim,

Outlook With BCM
    USB Sync
    CompanionLink build 4024
    We need update your build of CompanionLink.

Jim Boone

slow sync

Thomas,

Nice talking to you. I updated the companionlink to build 4039 and checked the sub folder in outlook tasks before performing a sync.
    Results:
    1. I no longer have any tasks appearing in my phone. Completely blank. Note: before checking the sub folder i was getting opportunities but no tasks (im using business contact manager).
    2. sync is still deathly slow. Took 1.5 hours to sync.

What do i do next?

Jim,

There are three sections to the sync. Can you break the timing out for me?

1. Step 1, The Sync gathers data on the phone.

2. Step 2, The sync connects to the PC, and reads data from your BCM database.

3. Step 3, The sync is done on the PC, and on the handheld it pushes data into the native Contact Database.

4. Step 4, The sync pushes data into the native contact Calendar if you have this feature on.

Can you give me a quick quide to how long each section is taking? We can definitely work to cut down on step 2, since that is PC Side. Step 3 and 4 are dependent on your having the sync to the native datases turned on. You can turn that off and then they arent' needed.

Finally, be sure you have Google Sync turned off because it will be sending all your data wirelessly to Google while the other steps are running.