Thread: "Completed Contacts" hanging

"Completed Contacts" hanging

Hi,
    Just bought iPhone4 today,and am trying to sync with Palm Desktop on laptop. The wireless sync seems to work ok, and I think I've brought my contacts over ok. However, I purchased CompanionLink Express, and it seems to 'hang' on the CompanionLink Process window (with a progress bar that just keeps on moving) with the comment "Completed Contacts".

None of my calendar or tasks are being transfered over. Is this a bug with the new iPhone OS4?

pls give your thoughts when you get a chance. Thx.

And now to add insult to injury, when I tap onDejaOffice on my iPhone, it opens the program, shows a white/blue progress bar on bottom of screen, then dumps me back out to the main iPhone screen. Arrg.

DejaOffice Team Member
    With the Wi-Fi sync, when CompanionLink says "Completed Contacts", what this means is that it's finished reading the contacts from your PC database (Palm Desktop in your case), and is sending them to your iPhone through your Wi-Fi network. After the contacts have been sent, CompanionLink will move on to the calendar and tasks, so you'll want to let CompanionLink finish up this process. As for DejaOffice closing, you might try restarting your iPhone (turn it off and then back on).

Stil cant sync

So I tried resyncing today: using Palm Desktop v6.2.2; DejaOffice 1.0.5; and on the laptop CompanionLink Epxress (purchased) v3.0.

Set everything to overwrite handheld; started the sync, it sync'ed 322 contacts in the first 10-15 seconds, then the laptop sat there with a screen saying "CompanionLink Process: Completed Contacts" and it had a scrolling blue progress bar from L to R for the next 10 minutes. In the meantime, the iPhone itself "timed out" and went from DejaOffice back to the main iPhone screen.

Then, 5 minutes later (15 minutes into the whole sync process), the laptop showed a screen saying "Internet Error: Unable to Connect to Server", and I hit "OK". Then it gave the window "Completed Calendar" with a scrolling progress bar, but no Calendar items ever synced. Then it said "Writing Data to Disk" and I hit OK.

Now, when I try to open "DejaOffice" on my iphone4 (iOS4) it briefly opens, shows a progress bar (blue/gray) at the bottom of the window, then 'crashes' out back to the main iPhone window on my phone. DejaOffice now won't work, and I have to wipe it off of my iPhone and reinstall. My contacts remain on the iPhone which is nice, but no Calendar, Tasks or Notes are ever transfered.

Please help.

T-dawg,

We are investigating this here on our end, its a bug specific to iOS 4. We should have a fix for you soon, stay tuned.

Thanks

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I figured it was an issue with the new phone/ OS. I look forward to the fix -- your programs look good and are essential to me- I don't see anything else out there that allows syncing with palm desktop.

any words yet on a fix? Still waiting; purchased CompanionLink Pro for $100 and still can't sync my Palm Desktop info to my iPhone w/ iOS4.

DejaOffice Team Member
    We plan to submit a DejaOffice update to Apple this week; it should be available on the app store shortly thereafter.