Closed Thread

Thread: New User - First Sync

New User - First Sync

I am familair with Companionlink, and used the software on earlier phones. My new droid, when attampting to sync, reads "wait for PC to finish sync, then disconnect the USB cable. There is the circular animation running, but no other evidence of progress on the phone or PC. Is this normal, or am I missing something. In the past, there has been some represntation of progress.....

Thanks in anticipateion

(PS around 1500 contacts & diary etc in ACT!)

Hi Burt, welcome to the forums.

When the sync is initiated from the device, it tells CompanionLink on the PC to begin the sync process. Check and make sure CompanionLink is running in your system try before you begin the sync. Here's the full instructions:

1. Connect your Android device to the PC using the USB cable
    2. Open DejaOffice, then hit Sync on the phone
    3. Initial Sync is performed from the device(If the device is already mounted, we unmount it here to run the sync)
    4. When the initial device sync finishes, we then automatically mount the phone to the PC
    5. While CompanionLink is running in the system tray it is scanning/waiting until it sees the device's SD card mounted
    6. Once it sees a device mounted it runs the PC side of the sync
    7. Once the PC finishes syncing, tap OK to disconnect (we cannot automatically un-mount the phone, which is why you have to manually disconnect)
    8. Once disconnected, DejaOffice detects that a PC sync has been run (and that it is un-mounted), and it completes the sync on the device

Kaena,

Manythsinks fo ryour swift reply, which is very helpful. My only point of calrification is run companionlink. Are you saying simply launch the program on the PC (thereby displaying the opening screen (with sync, settings, cat manager etc & so on) or do I need to lauch synchronization. I dont see the program running in application sunder task manager........

Sorry to have to come back to you.

Thanks

Hey Burt,

To clarify, yes - open the CompanionLink Setup icon (not CompanionLink Synchronize) on the PC so that the main CompanionLink window is open. You don't ever have to actually hit Synchronize from the PC. As long as CompanionLink is open and running, it will be ready to begin processing the sync when you initiate the sync from the device.

Hope this makes sense, let me know if you have any other questions. Cheers!

Exclamation DJO process does not automatically disconnect USB from the PC

Quote Originally Posted by Kaena View Post
    7. Once the PC finishes syncing, tap OK to disconnect (we cannot automatically un-mount the phone, which is why you have to manually disconnect)
    8. Once disconnected, DejaOffice detects that a PC sync has been run (and that it is un-mounted), and it completes the sync on the device
    Hi Kaena,

Till CL Pro 4.0.4008 + DJO 1.6.4, the phase 7 does not work ; I mean, the USB is not disconnected from the PC automatically. I have to manually unmount the SD Card from the system tray notification area at the bottom right and then to deactivate USB on Android also manually to begin the sync process with DJO !?!!!

Did you hear about this regression ?

Regards

Windows XP SP3 (FR) / Outlook 2003 SP3 / CL Pro 4.0.4008 + DJO 1.6.4 paid / Samsung Galaxy S / Android 2.1 / Param = days back 30 + sync both ways + deleted both + sync alarms + cleared records + Android contacts sync + Google.com no sync

Closed Thread