Thread: USB vs Wi Fi

USB vs Wi Fi

Can you go back and forth between syncing with usb and the Wi Fi? I realise you would have to redo the setting or set up. Thinking when I am home I would stay synced, but if I were at my mom's with no Wi fi, I could change it back to USB sync.

DejaOffice Team
    Marg-
    At this time we don't recommend this. We do plan on fully supporting this, but at this time, switching sync methods may cause some data integrity problems.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Marg-
    At this time we don't recommend this. We do plan on fully supporting this, but at this time, switching sync methods may cause some data integrity problems.
    Eeeek!!! I wish you'd warn new users about this. I've just installed DejaOffice and the trial of CompanionLink, and I've been experimenting with both USB and WiFi sync, just to see which is best.

I'm sure it's the kind of thing anybody might do (and of course it's very easy to do). Until you've got full support for this, could you at least build in a warning pop-up? I definitely don't want to risk corrupting my data!

Steve

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Thackery View Post
    Eeeek!!! I wish you'd warn new users about this. I've just installed DejaOffice and the trial of CompanionLink, and I've been experimenting with both USB and WiFi sync, just to see which is best.

I'm sure it's the kind of thing anybody might do (and of course it's very easy to do). Until you've got full support for this, could you at least build in a warning pop-up? I definitely don't want to risk corrupting my data!

Steve
    Steve,

If you change Sync methods, make sure you do a Purge n Reload on the very next sync...
    That is the safe work around for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Steve,

If you change Sync methods, make sure you do a Purge n Reload on the very next sync...
    That is the safe work around for now.
    That's great, thank you. I hope you will make this clear somewhere, so that new customers don't risk being caught out.

Thanks again.