Thread: both databases primary: warning 54 contacts will be deleted

both databases primary: warning 54 contacts will be deleted

I have found DJO more and more satisfactory as a replacement for my Palm PDA and finally decided to set the CL synch to treat both databases as primary, that is to let deletions on the phone also delete items in the desktop. The first time I synched after doing this, I got a warning that there were 54 deletions on the phone that would be deleted on the desktop (I think I have about 100-120 contacts). So I cancelled. I suppose this is a left-over of the times when synched created a lot of duplicates; I certainly don't want to risk deleted 54 valid contacts (and if I were to restore them from an archive, they would probably be copied as duplicates). Where to go from here?

If I purge and reload will that clear the memory of deletions? Purge and reload seems to eliminate all the non-Google group numbers in the native Contacts, even though they are not synched to DJO or the Desktop. (Also all the speed dial entries).

DJO most recent non-beta
    CL bld 4036
    Galaxy S Captivate (ATT)
    Android 2.2
    wifi synch
    Palm Desktop 6

Quote Originally Posted by Riverside View Post
    I have found DJO more and more satisfactory as a replacement for my Palm PDA and finally decided to set the CL synch to treat both databases as primary, that is to let deletions on the phone also delete items in the desktop. The first time I synched after doing this, I got a warning that there were 54 deletions on the phone that would be deleted on the desktop (I think I have about 100-120 contacts). So I cancelled. I suppose this is a left-over of the times when synched created a lot of duplicates; I certainly don't want to risk deleted 54 valid contacts (and if I were to restore them from an archive, they would probably be copied as duplicates). Where to go from here?

If I purge and reload will that clear the memory of deletions? Purge and reload seems to eliminate all the non-Google group numbers in the native Contacts, even though they are not synched to DJO or the Desktop. (Also all the speed dial entries).

DJO most recent non-beta
    CL bld 4036
    Galaxy S Captivate (ATT)
    Android 2.2
    wifi synch
    Palm Desktop 6
    I had set my Android to be the main database. On synching Time & Chaos PC with DejaOffice, with I also had the Dilalgue box saying that 3200 contacts have been deleted from my phone (thing I never did) and whether I want to delete them from my Desktop. I answered no. Result... I have more than 5000 contacts in Time & Chaos. More than 2000 duplicates!!! There is something very buggy with Companionlink. Developers should pay a particular attention to that. There has been many reports about that.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Riverside View Post
    I got a warning that there were 54 deletions on the phone that would be deleted on the desktop
    The problem may be solving itself: the second tme I got no warning about deletions from contacts, but a warning about deletions from calendar. Again, I cancelled the deletions. The third time I got no warnings and everything worked as it should.