Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: And we still have a serious problem with recurring calendar entries

Angry And we still have a serious problem with recurring calendar entries

DJO Version 1.11.3 CompanionLink Version 4 Build 4039 HTC Desire and Android 2.2
    Google sync set for Gmail only & DJO sync set for Android Contacts and NOT for Google calendar
    Test 11, Test 12 & Test 13. All created in DJO and then synced to Outlook
    Test 11
    Daily all day entry for 9th May repeating daily and end date set as 13 May
    DJO Mon to Sat inc
    Outlook Mon to Fri inc,
    Test 12
    All day entry created by setting start date as 9th May and end date as 13th May and ticking All Day box and leaving Recurrence as Never
    DJO Mon to Fri inc, repeat symbol not shown
    Outlook Mon to Thursday
    Test 13
    Created as all day entry for 9th May and daily repeat ending on 12th May
    DJO Mon to Fri inc
    Outlook Mon to Thur inc
    I then changed the entries in Outlook to be correct (i.e Mon to Fri inclusive) and re-synced.
    Test 11 DJO Mon to Sat inc
    Test 12 Mon to Fri inc
    Test 13 Mon to Sat inc

Thomas or anyone at DJO/CompanionLink - Any news yet on a fix for the problem with DJO and Outlook. Having to enter all multiple day events as individual entries is archaic. Please, please fix these problems.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
    Thomas or anyone at DJO/CompanionLink - Any news yet on a fix for the problem with DJO and Outlook. Having to enter all multiple day events as individual entries is archaic. Please, please fix these problems.
    Hi Nelson,

I assure you we are giving this our attention. I promise update when we have tangible progress to report.

Thank you Thomas. Apologies for my impatience but DJO/CompanionLink is soooo close to being an extremely good product and until the date issues are solved I can not fully rely on it.

Thomas, Any news yet as to when this calendar issue will be fixed. The problem is still there. (Currently using CompanionLink 4 Build 4044 and DJO 1.11.7)

Ah, spotted Beta 1.11.8. Read the notes and thought " Hmm, this sounds useful, lets give it a try"
    Loaded and opened OK
    Corrected entry in Outlook which was 5 days Mon-Fri all-day event which showed as Mon-Thur in Outlook and Mon-Fri in DJO to read 5 days Mon-Fri in Outlook
    Synced (wireless) and looked good. Synced again and it still looked good - Thought Hip, hip, hooray.
    Investigated Categories but still the same problem with duplication of category entries - thought Well at least the calendar is better
    In DJO month view pressed a monday so as to view the day and CRASH. Force close. Thought "Ouch" and tried again. Same again.

Ah, rather sad now. Had been optimistic that the critical calendar bugs had been fixed. Unloaded and restored V 1.11.7

DejaOffice Team Member
    Ah, spotted Beta 1.11.8. Read the notes and thought " Hmm, this sounds useful, lets give it a try"
    Loaded and opened OK
    Corrected entry in Outlook which was 5 days Mon-Fri all-day event which showed as Mon-Thur in Outlook and Mon-Fri in DJO to read 5 days Mon-Fri in Outlook
    Synced (wireless) and looked good. Synced again and it still looked good - Thought Hip, hip, hooray.
    Investigated Categories but still the same problem with duplication of category entries - thought Well at least the calendar is better
    In DJO month view pressed a monday so as to view the day and CRASH. Force close. Thought "Ouch" and tried again. Same again.

Ah, rather sad now. Had been optimistic that the critical calendar bugs had been fixed. Unloaded and restored V 1.11.7
    Nelson,

I am rather sad right along with you right now. Arghh.
    Looking at this thread, have you updated to the latest build of CompanionLink? #4044. This thread started a while back.

Thomas,

Fraid so. Been running DJO V 1.11.7 and Companionlink 4 Build #4044 for some time. I am keeping current with COmpanionLink and loading the DJO Betas to test when I see them. V 1.11.7 is quite good. Most serious problem is the calendar one. Second is the category complication (Not in the same league as the calendar one though. Being unable to rely on repeating events is a real show stopper. )

DejaOffice Team Member
    Thomas,

Fraid so. Been running DJO V 1.11.7 and Companionlink 4 Build #4044 for some time. I am keeping current with CompanionLink and loading the DJO Betas to test when I see them. V 1.11.7 is quite good. Most serious problem is the calendar one. Second is the category complication (Not in the same league as the calendar one though. Being unable to rely on repeating events is a real show stopper. )
    That is fine. Just wanted to make sure when I try to reproduce the stuff you generously report for us that I am mirroring your config.
    I am unable to reproduce the crash you reported on 1.11.8. However I will keep digging.

No longer have recurring no-time (all-day?) events in Deja Today

Well, the title says it all. D T used to show the no-specific-time recurring events at the top of the screen. I guess that feature stopped to think and forgot to begin again.

I am running DO 1.11.7, syncing with Palm Desktop 7.2 on a Verizon Motorola Droid 2 Global, if that helps.

Related issue: only four of those no-time events appear on Deja Calendar. How can I see the rest of them?

Thanks!