Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: And we still have a serious problem with recurring calendar entries

Thomas,
    Yes, a two day event. Opened DJO calendar in monthly view. Selected August. Selected Tue 30/Aug. Typed "New Boiler" in the description. Checked the all day flag ticked. Set the end date to 31/Aug. Synced via WiFi.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
    Thomas,
    Yes, a two day event. Opened DJO calendar in monthly view. Selected August. Selected Tue 30/Aug. Typed "New Boiler" in the description. Checked the all day flag ticked. Set the end date to 31/Aug. Synced via WiFi.
    Hi Nelson,

I was able to reproduce this behavior exactly the way you have described it. I have written a report to the dev team.
    As a temporary work around, I would suggest creating two separate All Day event in DejaOffice until we get this fixed.

Thomas - at last we have some hope. Your being able to reproduce it is great news. Lets hope the dev team get it fixed soon.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Thomas - at last we have some hope. Your being able to reproduce it is great news. Lets hope the dev team get it fixed soon.
    I will update you as soon as I get any new on this.

Thanks Thomas

Thomas - time to raise this again. Please , please fix the calendar sync with Outlook. Below is another test example for you. This continued failure to sync with Outlook is enough to drive me into the hand of either Blackberry or Microsoft phones. They just work for this sort of thing.

HTC Desire Android 2.2, DJO V1.12.1, CompanionLink V4 Build 4048, Windows 7 and Outlook 2010
    Phone - “All day event” repeating weekly 6/Sep to 27/Sep inclusive
    Wireless sync
    Outlook - identical entry created in Outlook
    Outlook - Changed 20/Sep entry to 21/Sep in Outlook
    Wireless sync
    Phone – now two entries in second week – 20/Sep and 21/Sep
    Phone - Changed 13/Sep entry to 14/Sep
    Wireless sync
    Outlook – entry for 13/Sep now showing as TWO days 13/Sep through 14/Sep

Thomas - time to raise this again. Please , please fix the calendar sync with Outlook. Below is another test example for you. This continued failure to sync with Outlook is enough to drive me into the hand of either Blackberry or Microsoft phones. They just work for this sort of thing.

HTC Desire Android 2.2, DJO V1.12.1, CompanionLink V4 Build 4048, Windows 7 and Outlook 2010
    Phone - All day event repeating weekly 6/Sep to 27/Sep inclusive
    Wireless sync
    Outlook - identical entry created in Outlook
    Outlook - Changed 20/Sep entry to 21/Sep in Outlook
    Wireless sync
    Phone now two entries in second week 20/Sep and 21/Sep
    Phone - Changed 13/Sep entry to 14/Sep
    Wireless sync
    Outlook entry for 13/Sep now showing as TWO days 13/Sep through 14/Sep
    I'll confirm that this happens with CL build 4049 with USB sync. Thomas won't be back until Tuesday.

I don't think it is a bug, I think it is a missing feature (doesn't make it less frustrating, but changes the approach to fixing it). Since you clearly can't set exceptions when you set up a repeating appointment in DJO, I'm guessing it doesn't have the ability to map exceptions from Outlook. Even Outlook doesn't let you create a true exception-- it's not in its recurrence dialog (at least in Outlook 2010), however, it will handle it if you open a single occurrence and make changes and it will know it belongs to the series (for example, if you delete the series it will delete the exception too) after the changes are saved.

However Outlook does that tracking, that is what DJO isn't picking up. And, in DJO, when you take one instance and change the date (eg., change the recurring appointment on the 20th to the 21st) it no longer is treated as if it is still part of the recurring set. Delete all instances of the recurring appointment and, unlike Outlook, DJO leaves the one that was changed.

By the way, I don't recommend Windows Phone & for awhile. Last I checked, it doesn't sync directly with Outlook.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

Hook,
    Thank you for the additional information. Regarding the Windows option, yes, I discovered that too. So, that seems to leave the corporate's friend the Blackberry.

Read the posts regarding this problem. Is there a way to synch the callendar, but not reacurring events?

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kim.solheim View Post
    Read the posts regarding this problem. Is there a way to synch the callendar, but not reacurring events?
    Hello Kim,

You canfilter specific Categories to not sync. So if your recurring events are in a separate category that would work.
    However, our intention is to fix this.