Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: And we still have a serious problem with recurring calendar entries

  1. #11
    DejaOffice Team Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,482
    Quote Originally Posted by chimayniac View Post
    Well, the title says it all. D T used to show the no-specific-time recurring events at the top of the screen. I guess that feature stopped to think and forgot to begin again.

    I am running DO 1.11.7, syncing with Palm Desktop 7.2 on a Verizon Motorola Droid 2 Global, if that helps.

    Related issue: only four of those no-time events appear on Deja Calendar. How can I see the rest of them?

    Thanks!
    Are these all day events all in the same day? or on different days?

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    16
    Sorry; I'll try to be clearer. These are events that repeat regularly (daily, weekly, etc.). The interval is usually 1 (day, etc.), but may be more. For example, I find that making an annual event recur every 12 months (instead of every 1 year), the event does not duplicate during syncs. On the Palm Desktop, they appear at the top of the page, above the timed events, and they remain at the top as I scroll down through the day.

    I keep a lot of these, because I run seven consecutive days of them for each important event, ending on the day of the event. That gives me prep time for required actions, deliverables, etc. I do not assign specific times to them, because they are not time-dependent. Think birthdays, anniversaries, or events whose exact time is TBA. I have important events for many days, so the top of my calendar day is packed with these entries. On the desktop, I open the day and see all the events I must prepare for, keep track of, etc. It is important for me to be able to scan these regularly.

    DejaCalendar only allows for four such events across the top of the screen. DejaToday used to show them all; now it shows none. Bottom line, I can not see many of the myriad things I need to keep in mind. A better mind would help, I'm sure, but until then I need a tool

    I hope this helps. Please ask all the questions you wish.

    Thanks!

  3. #13
    DejaOffice Team Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,482
    Quote Originally Posted by chimayniac View Post
    Sorry; I'll try to be clearer. These are events that repeat regularly (daily, weekly, etc.). The interval is usually 1 (day, etc.), but may be more. For example, I find that making an annual event recur every 12 months (instead of every 1 year), the event does not duplicate during syncs. On the Palm Desktop, they appear at the top of the page, above the timed events, and they remain at the top as I scroll down through the day.

    I keep a lot of these, because I run seven consecutive days of them for each important event, ending on the day of the event. That gives me prep time for required actions, deliverables, etc. I do not assign specific times to them, because they are not time-dependent. Think birthdays, anniversaries, or events whose exact time is TBA. I have important events for many days, so the top of my calendar day is packed with these entries. On the desktop, I open the day and see all the events I must prepare for, keep track of, etc. It is important for me to be able to scan these regularly.

    DejaCalendar only allows for four such events across the top of the screen. DejaToday used to show them all; now it shows none. Bottom line, I can not see many of the myriad things I need to keep in mind. A better mind would help, I'm sure, but until then I need a tool

    I hope this helps. Please ask all the questions you wish.

    Thanks!
    Hi Nelson,

    We are very curious about the crash with 1.11.8 you reported. If you are willing to submit a DejaOffice log file that also includes a copy of your data we can try to reproduce the behavior in house. Our efforts up to now have not been successful. Private message me if you want to submit the data and I will send you instructions.

    Thanks,
    Thomas

  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    68
    Thomas,
    Apologies for delay in responding to you. Reloaded V1.11.8 and tried again. Problem is solid. From Month view or week view if I click a day to add an entry it immediately force closes. Tried rebuilding the calendar display option. No difference.

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    16
    I have a work-around; put all the recurring events as "to-do" items. Then at least they show on DejaToday. Original problem remains, though.

  6. #16
    DejaOffice Team Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,482
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
    Thomas,
    Apologies for delay in responding to you. Reloaded V1.11.8 and tried again. Problem is solid. From Month view or week view if I click a day to add an entry it immediately force closes. Tried rebuilding the calendar display option. No difference.
    This might be a known issue with 1.11.8. Do you have DejaOffice configured to display week numbers? A force close at the point you describe in 1.11.8 with week numbers turned on is known. We have fixed it in 1.11.9, that should be out soon as a beta.

  7. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    68
    Thomas - Yes, I have it configured to display week numbers. Roll on V 1.11.9 - as soon as it's released I'll give it a try.

  8. #18
    DejaOffice Team Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,482
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
    Thomas - Yes, I have it configured to display week numbers. Roll on V 1.11.9 - as soon as it's released I'll give it a try.
    OK! I feel better knowing we understand why you are experiencing this problem. Apologies for any inconvenience you may have had due to this.

  9. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    68
    OK, this is now getting tedious. Beta 1.11.9 and Companionlink Build 4047 AND the problem still exists.
    A calendar application that can not handle events spanning over a few days is NOT a calendar application!

    All right, rant over, The real life example from a few minutes ago.
    In DJO create calendar entry, all day, for start Tue 30/Aug ending Wed 31/Aug.
    Synch (wireless as always) with Outlook
    In outlook it shows as the Tuesday only.
    Edit the entry in Outlook to be correct and sync
    Now OK showing 2 days in DJO and Outlook
    Add some text in DJO and sync
    Outlook now reverts back to one day.

    Come on folks I need this to work. How long has it been since I first reported this? Certainly a couple of months or more. We are talking about one of the most common Android phones and standard Microsoft Outlook.

  10. #20
    DejaOffice Team Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,482
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
    OK, this is now getting tedious. Beta 1.11.9 and Companionlink Build 4047 AND the problem still exists.
    A calendar application that can not handle events spanning over a few days is NOT a calendar application!

    All right, rant over, The real life example from a few minutes ago.
    In DJO create calendar entry, all day, for start Tue 30/Aug ending Wed 31/Aug.
    Synch (wireless as always) with Outlook
    In outlook it shows as the Tuesday only.
    Edit the entry in Outlook to be correct and sync
    Now OK showing 2 days in DJO and Outlook
    Add some text in DJO and sync
    Outlook now reverts back to one day.

    Come on folks I need this to work. How long has it been since I first reported this? Certainly a couple of months or more. We are talking about one of the most common Android phones and standard Microsoft Outlook.
    Hello Nelson,

    So sorry you are feeling so frustrated. I will work right now on reproducing this.
    So this is a two day event. Correct?
    All day for Tuesday and Wednesday but created as a single event.
    I just want to be sure I am reproducing accurately.
    Also Wireless = WiFi sync?
    Secure Hosted is also technically Wireless as well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •