Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tasks: he changes the dates during the sync with outllook

Tasks: he changes the dates during the sync with outllook

Very often when i syncronise it with outlook it changes starting, ending and alarm date respect the original task in outlook. This happens very often but, fortunately, not for all the tasks; only for some of them. I usually set the same date both for starting and ending date and, after the sync, i found the starting date different (it seems one day before the original) and the ending date one day after the starting.
    Any idea?
    Many thanks in advance
    Last edited by albesse; 05-17-2011 at 11:26 AM.
    HTC HD2 - CoreDroid DHD V1.5 - 2.15.50.14

nobody can help me?

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by albesse View Post
    nobody can help me?
    Hi Albesse,

Sorry I missed your original post. This is known issue but there are somethings you can do to try to fix this.

1. Make sure your PC and Phone are set to the exact same Time Zone setting.
    2. If you are using the "Read Android Data" function for Calendars, make absolute sure that Your Android phone settings have Google sync turned off for Calendars.
    Steps
    1. On the Android Phone tap the Menu Button>Settings
    2. Select Accounts and Sync.
    3. Slect your Google account and verify that Calendar Sync is UNchecked.

If the problem still persist after verifying this info. We can start to break down the exact causes and circumstances.
    THis can require a lot of info as the behavior varies from device to device and believe it or not form Time zone to time zone...

I hope this helps,
    Please keep me posted.

snap20110519_080308.jpgsnap20110519_080252.jpgthank you very much Thomas,
    in effect the time zones were different: in android i had the automatic hour checked and it was setted on GMT+2 (because of the daylight saving time), in the pc it was setted on GMT+1 with automatic switch to legal hour checked. I've changed android in manual mode GMT+1 and i've manual changed the time (1 hour forward).

About google unfortunately i don't have the possibility to check/uncheck only the calendar sync. In effect but i only decide for an automatic sync for the all accounts (google, meteo, news,......). In any case the automatic sync was unchecked so i think that this cannot be the problem. See included screenshots. Besides i have the problem with tasks and not with appointments.
    Anyway now i'll try with new hour setting and after i'll let you know.
    Thanks a lot for your help.
    Last edited by albesse; 05-20-2011 at 09:21 AM. Reason: attachments

DejaOffice Team Member
    snap20110519_080308.jpgsnap20110519_080252.jpgthank you very much Thomas,
    in effect the time zones were different: in android i had the automatic hour checked and it was setted on GMT+2 (because of the european legal hour), in the pc it was setted on GMT+1 with automatic switch to legal hour checked. I've changed android in manual mode GMT+1 and i've manual changed the time (1 hour forward).

About google unfortunately i don't have the possibility to check/uncheck only the calendar sync. In effect but i only decide for an automatic sync for the all accounts (google, meteo, news,......). In any case the automatic sync was unchecked so i think that this cannot be the problem. See included screenshots. Besides i have the problem with tasks and not with appointments.
    Anyway now i'll try with new hour setting and after i'll let you know.
    Thanks a lot for your help.
    Hi Albesse,

It our pleasure to hlep whenever we can.
    I am pretty confident the Time Zone variance was the culprit here. Lets wait and see how things go after fixing that.

I had this same issue. A person would create a recurring event in say Pacific time zone when DST was not in effect so Outlook would automatically adjust the time for my time zone -7GMT Arizona. When DST came into effect and Arizona was at the same time as Pacific, my times were then off by one hour. Phone was automatically set to pull time information from Verizon. Arizona does not do DST. We keep the same time always.

I'm quite confused: for now the tasks seem to run ok. The problem now is for appointment. All ok in outlook but in android they are 1h before. Here included the hour settings in android.
    Attached Images Attached Images

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by schristi69 View Post
    I had this same issue. A person would create a recurring event in say Pacific time zone when DST was not in effect so Outlook would automatically adjust the time for my time zone -7GMT Arizona. When DST came into effect and Arizona was at the same time as Pacific, my times were then off by one hour. Phone was automatically set to pull time information from Verizon. Arizona does not do DST. We keep the same time always.
    Hello sChristi69,

If you have specific Arizona Time issues please report them to me. We are at the place where we literally have to track these down one at a time and fix them as they occur. Time zone issues are difficult enough, but then add on top supporting multiple PIM platforms that all calculate time zone variances, and manage necessary exceptions differently. It gets more than a little confusing at times. Apologies if you have experienced any inconvenience.

DejaOffice Team Member
    I'm quite confused: for now the tasks seem to run ok. The problem now is for appointment. All ok in outlook but in android they are 1h before. Here included the hour settings in android.
    Hi Albesse,

If you have changed your clock settings and everything in Outlook is accurate I would follow these steps:
    1. On your PC open CompanionLink Setup and click on Outlook Settings.
    2. Select the applications tab.
    3. Click on the Purge and Reload box next to Calendar.
    4. Click OK and Sync your Phone.

Does that fix your Calendar Settings in DejaOffice?

just made but unfortunately the appointments in android remained 1h before than in outlook. Have you other suggestions?