Thread: Use of Groups and Categories in Synching Key Active DJO Contacts to Native Contacts

Use of Groups and Categories in Synching Key Active DJO Contacts to Native Contacts

With all the new features you've added, perhaps it is time for me to do a Purge and Reload on my Epic 4GAndroid, but I think I need to better understand how groups and categories work (and how they differ) first. They are much more flexible than when I first started using your programs. I am very happy that I can now save phone call numbers as new DJO contacts. I would like to be able to synch only contacts that are saved to my phone to DJO, and I'd like to be able to synch those back to the phone account if I say yes to saving them in DJO. I understand that I can choose my Gmail account versus my phone account, but I'm not sure if I set up a new DJO category of "Phone Contacts" that I could then synch only that category to the native phone app (and only to the phone account). Then I would be able to dial from the phone with only a limited list of key active contacts. Do I also need to set up the category separately in Outlook, or will it automatically synch with Outlook with that label on it if I attach the label when saving a number following a phone call? Also, if I synch only that category, will the synched entries still have all their multiple category labels attached?
    Thank you for being so responsive to all the feature requests.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz1 View Post
    With all the new features you've added, perhaps it is time for me to do a Purge and Reload on my Epic 4GAndroid, but I think I need to better understand how groups and categories work (and how they differ) first. They are much more flexible than when I first started using your programs. I am very happy that I can now save phone call numbers as new DJO contacts. I would like to be able to synch only contacts that are saved to my phone to DJO, and I'd like to be able to synch those back to the phone account if I say yes to saving them in DJO. I understand that I can choose my Gmail account versus my phone account, but I'm not sure if I set up a new DJO category of "Phone Contacts" that I could then synch only that category to the native phone app (and only to the phone account). Then I would be able to dial from the phone with only a limited list of key active contacts. Do I also need to set up the category separately in Outlook, or will it automatically synch with Outlook with that label on it if I attach the label when saving a number following a phone call? Also, if I synch only that category, will the synched entries still have all their multiple category labels attached?
    Thank you for being so responsive to all the feature requests.
    Hi Liz,

I am going to consult with one of our category configuration experts and try to draw up a plan for you.
    Look for a response soon.