Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sync with Android Contacts

Sync with Android Contacts

I have a Galaxy S running Android 2.2. I have tried all of the options to sync with the Android contacts, but DejaContacts will not update with the new contacts added thro9ugh the Android Contacts (as from a phone call that the contact was saved). I have tried the manual sync, read Android data, sync with Android Contacts App, etc.

HTC Desire running Android 2.2 and DJO V1.11.3 and I have the same problem. Create an entry in the native Android HTC Contacts with a name of say Test 15, Phone 123456 or whatever and then open DJO and run "Read Android Data" selecting the Google account etc, etc. The newly created entry in the Android contacts database DOES NOT replicate to the DJO Contacts.

I had, and have, this problem with the calendar: the answer is probably the same. You have two phone accounts, the "phone" and the "gmail" one. (in the native app look under menu/more/settings/save new contacts to. DJO synchs to only one (look under Synch, settings,.. ). You are adding the contacts to an account that DJO doesn't synch with.

I wish I knew how to move entries between accounts on the native contacts and calendar apps.

Riverside - I wish it was that simple. DJO is set to sync with my google account and the new entries are created in my google contacts account on the phone. It used to work but the last upgrade of DJO seemed to kill it.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverside View Post
    I had, and have, this problem with the calendar: the answer is probably the same. You have two phone accounts, the "phone" and the "gmail" one. (in the native app look under menu/more/settings/save new contacts to. DJO synchs to only one (look under Synch, settings,.. ). You are adding the contacts to the an account that DJO doesn't synch with.

I wish I knew how to move entries between accounts on the native contacts and calendar apps.
    Riverside,
    Changing the account a record is saved in on an Android varies from Android device to Android device.
    What are you using? I might be able to assist.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikezv View Post
    I have a Galaxy S running Android 2.2. I have tried all of the options to sync with the Android contacts, but DejaContacts will not update with the new contacts added thro9ugh the Android Contacts (as from a phone call that the contact was saved). I have tried the manual sync, read Android data, sync with Android Contacts App, etc.
    Hi Mike,

Have you verified the records you are wanting to Sync are saved to the account you selected in the DejaOffice Sync Settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Riverside,
    Changing the account a record is saved in on an Android varies from Android device to Android device.
    What are you using? I might be able to assist.
    I'd appreciate it. Galaxy S Captivate, with Android 2.2.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverside View Post
    I'd appreciate it. Galaxy S Captivate, with Android 2.2.
    Riverside,

In Native Android Calendar, when you create a new event there is an option marked:
    Calendar

Usually by default this is a gmail account. If you have multiple calendar accounts setup on your phone you can see them by tapping this option.

In Native Android Contacts app, if you attempt to create a new record you are prompted to save it to a specific account. THe two that display on my device are "Phone" and "Google".
    DjeaOffice can only sync with one of the two accounts presented.
    If you attempt to Edit an account in the Native Contacts application the top line displays the account it was created in.

I hope this helps.
    I hop

Riverside,

In Native Android Calendar, when you create a new event there is an option marked:
    Calendar

Usually by default this is a gmail account. If you have multiple calendar accounts setup on your phone you can see them by tapping this option.

In Native Android Contacts app, if you attempt to create a new record you are prompted to save it to a specific account. THe two that display on my device are "Phone" and "Google".
    DjeaOffice can only sync with one of the two accounts presented.
    If you attempt to Edit an account in the Native Contacts application the top line displays the account it was created in.

I hope this helps.
    This way you can choose which account a new entry goes into, but it doesn't answer the question of how to move an already created entry, so that DJO picks it up when it is synched with the android app. I assume I can't switch DJO back and forth, to synch now with one account, now with the other, without risking data loss.

Hi Mike,

Have you verified the records you are wantYying to Sync are saved to the account you selected in the DejaOffice Sync Settings.
    My Android contact also do not sync to my HTC Desire Z running Android 2.2.
    When I go to Sync Settings, the Accounts that are in the list are: Stock, weather, Gmail, News, but not Phone. Should Phone be listed?

John