Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sync with Android Contacts

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brjlk View Post
    My Android contact also do not sync to my HTC Desire Z running Android 2.2.
    When I go to Sync Settings, the Accounts that are in the list are: Stock, weather, Gmail, News, but not Phone. Should Phone be listed?

John
    brjlk,

What version of DejaOffice are you running. This was reported for 1.11.3 originally. Are you seeing this behavior in 1.11.7?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    brjlk,

What version of DejaOffice are you running. This was reported for 1.11.3 originally. Are you seeing this behavior in 1.11.7?
    I am using DJO 1.11.5

brjlk

DejaOffice Team Member
    I am using DJO 1.11.5

brjlk
    Please update to 1.11.7. 1.11.5 was a beta version.

My Android contact also do not sync to my HTC Desire Z running Android 2.2.
    When I go to Sync Settings, the Accounts that are in the list are: Stock, weather, Gmail, News, but not Phone. Should Phone be listed?

John
    I am having the same with my Desire S. DJO somehow does not see the 'Phone' contact memory (native Android contacts). To use it, you must use a Gmail account.
    From my point of view, this is a flaw that should be corrected.

It even gets worse when you have set up the HTC Sense account. Because this uses the Gmail account as well, it is listed twice then and you don't know which one to select.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by McLion View Post
    I am having the same with my Desire S. DJO somehow does not see the 'Phone' contact memory (native Android contacts). To use it, you must use a Gmail account.
    From my point of view, this is a flaw that should be corrected.

It even gets worse when you have set up the HTC Sense account. Because this uses the Gmail account as well, it is listed twice then and you don't know which one to select.
    McLion,

Thank you for this information. We are investigating this matter right now in the dev department. We apologize for any inconvenience. We will update soon on a fix.

"Phone" will only be listed, if it's coded for your specific phone. the only way to achieve that seems to contact the support per email and ask for it as i did for my HTC Wildfire:
    support@dejaoffice.com

do not hesitate to do that :-)

[QUOTE=nicky;6081]"Phone" will only be listed, if it's coded for your specific phone. the only way to achieve that seems to contact the support per email and ask for it as i did for my HTC Wildfire:
    support@dejaoffice.com

do not hesitate to do that :-)[/QUOTE

Thanks for your advice. I mailed my request to support.

Please update to 1.11.7. 1.11.5 was a beta version.
    Thomas, I updated to 1.11.7. & Android contacts are still not synchronized with DJO.
    It should be due to Phone not appearing as an account in the DJO Sync options

Brjlk

DejaOffice Team Member
    Thomas, I updated to 1.11.7. & Android contacts are still not synchronized with DJO.
    It should be due to Phone not appearing as an account in the DJO Sync options

Brjlk
    Hello brjlk,
    I can inquire here about possibly modifying DejaOffice to be able to detect the phone account. However, "phone" accounts are typically proprietary to the device manufacturer. Often times our customers have issues with data formatting between DejaOffice and their particular device "phone" settings. We have also run into situations where the device manufacturer or the wireless carrier will update a device over the air and change the data formatting. Thus creating issues with syncing with DejaOffice. Using a google account assures your data formatting is a more consistent standard that DejaOffice can communicate with effectively.

Hope this helps.

Using a google account assures your data formatting is a more consistent standard that DejaOffice can communicate with effectively.
    In my DJO sync settings, my Contact Account is my Gmail account as there is no Phone account. You mean when I select my Google account there would be no problem synching Android contacts with DJO contacts? Unfortunately my problem remains entire.

Brjlk