Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sync with Android Contacts

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brjlk View Post
    In my DJO sync settings, my Contact Account is my Gmail account as there is no Phone account. You mean when I select my Google account there would be no problem synching Android contacts with DJO contacts? Unfortunately my problem remains entire.

Brjlk
    brjlk,

Yes have you tried a reread?
    1. Open DejaOffice.
    2. Tap and Hold the "Read Android Data" button. An option to "Reread All Data" will display.
    3. Select Reread All Data.

DejaOffice will only sync Contact Records using the Gmail account you have selected.
    Does this help?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    brjlk,

1. Open DejaOffice.
    2. Tap and Hold the "Read Android Data" button. An option to "Reread All Data" will display.

DejaOffice will only sync Contact Records using the Gmail account you have selected.
    Does this help?
    Thanks Thomas, I will try & see what it gives.

brjlk

brjlk,

1. Open DejaOffice.

Does this help?
    Thomas, I did all the above. Unfortunately Android contacts
    are still not synchronized with DJO contacts. For example
    I created a contact in "People" in my Desire Z, did sync
    all data, that contact did not appear in DJO contacts.
    Anything else I can try ?
    brjlk

DejaOffice Team Member
    Thomas, I did all the above. Unfortunately Android contacts
    are still not synchronized with DJO contacts. For example
    I created a contact in "People" in my Desire Z, did sync
    all data, that contact did not appear in DJO contacts.
    Anything else I can try ?
    brjlk
    brjlk,

If I understand your configuration correctly then the answer is no, that contact will not show up.
    A contact in people account will not sync with DejaOffice unless you select the people account (which I believe is not an option for you) when you set up Syncing with Contacts.

Follow These Steps:
    1. Open DejaOffice and Tap Settings.
    2. Tap Sync Settings.
    3. Check the Contact Account Setting.
    The Account slected in this setting is the only account DejaOffice will Sync with. If the people account is not selectable form this field, there is no possible way to sync a Contact in Android that is set to the People account. (Keep in Mind there is a difference between the People account, and the people application as well.)

brjlk,

If I understand your configuration correctly then the answer is no, that contact will not show up.
    A contact in people account will not sync with DejaOffice unless you select the people account (which I believe is not an option for you) when you set up Syncing with Contacts.

Follow These Steps:
    1. Open DejaOffice and Tap Settings.
    2. Tap Sync Settings.
    3. Check the Contact Account Setting.
    The Account slected in this setting is the only account DejaOffice will Sync with. If the people account is not selectable form this field, there is no possible way to sync a Contact in Android that is set to the People account. (Keep in Mind there is a difference between the People account, and the people application as well.)
    The only account visible in the sync settings is my Google account. Do I have to sync it over the internet to get them into BJO contacts? (In Settings/Accounts & Sync/Google)

Is the People application the Android native contact application?

brjlk

DejaOffice Team Member
    The only account visible in the sync settings is my Google account. Do I have to sync it over the internet to get them into BJO contacts? (In Settings/Accounts & Sync/Google)

Is the People application the Android native contact application?

brjlk
    brjlk,

No you do not need to sync it over the internet. You need to go into the People application and change the account settings in your contacts records, to be attached to your google account. Then DejaOffice will be able to see the contacts that are assigned to the account you have chosen to sync with.

"People" is a term used on HTC phones for the application users launch to view Contacts. It is also an "account" on an HTC phone. While they share the same name they are very different. Android Platform uses an account to store all personal information. Try launching the people app on your phone and adding a new contact. Note that at the top it has a "Type" field. You may be able to choose numerous options from that drop down menu. You must select the account I mentioned in post#24 for DejaOffice to be able to sync that contact record. You may want to also refer to your user guide for more information on how your Android Phone works.

If any users out here would like to respond and explain this in clearer language I would be grateful.

brjlk,

DJO currently does not see the phone contact memory of our phone - that may (hopfully) change in a future version.

Android has more than one database/memory to put the contacts in. If you select settings while having the contacts application open, you will see that you can select which database you want to be shown within your native Android contact application: There may be Phone, Gmail as well as your SIM card and maybe HTC if you enabled this account.

Since DJO can not see your phone memory, you need to select your Gmail account as the one to use with the native Android application.

Now, back in DJO synch settings on the Android, choose DJO to sync contacts to the very same Gmail account as well.
    One thing to make sure: Do disable the syncing to the Gmail cloud on your Android. Simply set it to manually sync and never sync it.

Thats all there is - and it will work.
    Last edited by McLion; 06-24-2011 at 04:01 AM.

I had a similar problem with contacts in both google and native phone accounts (HTC EVO). I used mybackup from android market to save contacts to sd drive, then deleted all data from android native phone app using menu > settings > applications > manage applications > contacts storage > clear data. Did the same for 'people': menu > settings > applications > manage applications > people > clear data. Then 'restore' contacts back to android native using mybackup. It will give you a choice of phone acct or google. Then all contacts will be filed under the same acct. Make sure you have backed up your contacts before doing this in case mybackup doesn't restore data properly.

Quote Originally Posted by McLion View Post
    One thing to make sure: Do disable the syncing to the Gmail cloud on your Android. Simply set it to manually sync and never sync it.
    Thats all there is - and it will work.
    How to disable the syncing to the Gmail cloud?

Thanks

brjlk

On the HTC EVO: menu > settings > accounts & sync > tap google account > uncheck Sync Contacts