Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where are Dejaoffice data files stored?

Where are Dejaoffice data files stored?

I have a HTC Desire Z. What are the data files of Dejaoffice & where are they stored?
    Also what backup application do you recommend, especially for DO data files?

Thanks
    John

Quote Originally Posted by brjlk View Post
    I have a HTC Desire Z. What are the data files of Dejaoffice & where are they stored?

Thanks
    John
    Curious that no one from DJO has answered such a simple question. The DJO database is on the SD card: clusb/companionlink.db. That includes your data and preferences. Any backup program that backs up the SD card should work. Since all my data is synced to Palm Desktop or Google, I don't worry about backing up the phone data.

--Charlene

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CharleneTX View Post
    Curious that no one from DJO has answered such a simple question. The DJO database is on the SD card: clusb/companionlink.db. That includes your data and preferences. Any backup program that backs up the SD card should work. Since all my data is synced to Palm Desktop or Google, I don't worry about backing up the phone data.

--Charlene
    The data Files are stored on the SD Card in the "CLUSB" folder. Sorry I missed this folks.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brjlk View Post

Thanks
    John
    Hi John,
    We typically recommend using your PIM backup tool, whatever that may be. If I were as diligent about backing things up as you seem to be (this is a good thing). I would simply backup my entire SD Card and save it somewhere safe on my Computer.

Question restoring from back-up

If you back up COMPANIONLINK.DB, what is the procedure for restoring froma back up? Just copying the file will get the info back into Deja Office, but how do you get the info from Deja Office back into the native Android contacts?

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maurer View Post
    If you back up COMPANIONLINK.DB, what is the procedure for restoring froma back up? Just copying the file will get the info back into Deja Office, but how do you get the info from Deja Office back into the native Android contacts?
    Hi Maurer,

You need to configure DejaOffice to Sync with Native Android Contact apps. You can do this via the setup wizard or through DejaOffice Settings and then going to sync settings. be sure to select an appropriate account as well. Ideally this would be a gmail account, but depending on your device the options will vary. Let us know if you need more specific instructions.

Hi Thomas,
    I do have Deja Office configured to sync with the native Android contacts app. When I copy the back-up of the companionlink.db over to the phone, the contacts appear in Deja Office but not in the Android app. If I manually add a record to Deja Office and save it, that new record appears in the Android contacts app as well, but none of the others. If I select sync or read android data, it deletes all the records from Deja Office to match the nearly empty Android Contacts. How do I get it to update the Android Contacts?

DejaOffice Team Member
    Hi Thomas,
    I do have Deja Office configured to sync with the native Android contacts app. When I copy the back-up of the companionlink.db over to the phone, the contacts appear in Deja Office but not in the Android app. If I manually add a record to Deja Office and save it, that new record appears in the Android contacts app as well, but none of the others. If I select sync or read android data, it deletes all the records from Deja Office to match the nearly empty Android Contacts. How do I get it to update the Android Contacts?
    Hi Maurer,
    Check that you have selected a valid Account to sync your contacts with. Usually a gmail account is the most optimal.
    I would then do a Purge n Reload Contacts from CompanionLink after that.
    The purge n Reload should push all your contacts form the PC to DejaOffice and to Android Contacts.

I do not currently have companionlink installed on my laptop, nor do I have this data on my laptop. Is there no way to do this on the phone alone?

DejaOffice Team Member
    I do not currently have companionlink installed on my laptop, nor do I have this data on my laptop. Is there no way to do this on the phone alone?
    Hello Maurer,

In general the answer to your question is no. DejaOffice was specifically designed as a compliment to CompanionLink Desktop Software.

Your mileage may vary on this next process and it is not officially supported by us but here goes.
    You can pull the data file from the CLUSB folder on the SD card. It is proprietary format and how you would go about importing it into Excel from there I do not know.

I highly suggest downloading a a demo Copy of CompanionLink to get this data to your PC. You can use it for 14 days free of charge.