Thread: Alarm/Snooze Setting BETA

Alarm/Snooze Setting BETA

So deja is getting closer. I just downloaded the 1.11.4 beta and they have enhanced the alarm with a custom time feature--good. Now they need to add this feature to the snooze side and make it where you can make the custom setting permanent to the snooze settings (with the ability to remove a custom time). These functions need to happen quickly, i.e. pickup your phone, open the snooze select 6 days or 8 hours or whatever and your done.

The problem with it being on the alarm side is that it changes the settings for things like birthdays, anniversary's, membership meeting etc that occur year after year, month after month and I would always leave these for one week (out) alarm. But snooze would be where you can make your alarm reminder adjustments, for one day, two day, three day snooze (example).

If deja would call me I could get them on the right track quickly. I don't think my comments are making it through or being understood.

I turned off an event alarm which went off on the phone.
    (I was meaning: "don't bother me any more, I reminded the appointment")

After a sync I found on Palm Desktop, the alarm itself was not set any more.
    (Maybe the phone understood: "I don want any more any alarm to be related to this appointment")

That's wrong: If I dismiss an event alarm, I just need it to not ring any more, not the alarm itself to be turned off!
    Otherwise, if I need to move ahead an appointment (let's say to tomorrow), I have to remind to re-set the alarm on.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by builder500 View Post
    So deja is getting closer. I just downloaded the 1.11.4 beta and they have enhanced the alarm with a custom time feature--good. Now they need to add this feature to the snooze side and make it where you can make the custom setting permanent to the snooze settings (with the ability to remove a custom time). These functions need to happen quickly, i.e. pickup your phone, open the snooze select 6 days or 8 hours or whatever and your done.

The problem with it being on the alarm side is that it changes the settings for things like birthdays, anniversary's, membership meeting etc that occur year after year, month after month and I would always leave these for one week (out) alarm. But snooze would be where you can make your alarm reminder adjustments, for one day, two day, three day snooze (example).

If deja would call me I could get them on the right track quickly. I don't think my comments are making it through or being understood.
    Hi Builder,

We are here. I promise. I will offer this point regarding alarms and how all this works together in DejaOffice.
    We have about 75,000 active DejaOffice users and I have yet to find two that use the various functions in DejaCal, DejaTasks, alarms, snooze etc.. the same way.
    I also find that like driving, everyone seems to think the way "they" do it is the right way. That is not meant to criticize your idea. I am actually carefully considering what you are saying.
    The funny part on our end is we can often find a request on the forums to be the exact opposite of something already requested an implemented by us.

I hope this helps clarify some things.