Thread: Suggestion for CompanionLink

Suggestion for CompanionLink

I've been using the WiFi autosync facility between my PC (running Outlook) and my Android. It's extremely handy, apart from one small annoyance.

I quite often switch my phone's WiFi off to conserve battery life; and of course when I leave the house I'm out of range of my WiFi network.

In these cases, CompanionLink keeps popping up an error message that it's been unable to sync. I understand the need to warn me if the automatic sync hasn't worked for some time, but I don't need warning every 15 minutes (or whatever).

It would be great if I could configure the length of time the syncs must fail before I get a warning. For instance, I've actually set mine to sync every two hours, but I don't feel I'd need warning until (say) 24 hours had passed without a successful sync. Obviously other users may want a different interval.

Could you be persuaded to make this a user-configurable option?

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Thackery View Post
    I've been using the WiFi autosync facility between my PC (running Outlook) and my Android. It's extremely handy, apart from one small annoyance.

I quite often switch my phone's WiFi off to conserve battery life; and of course when I leave the house I'm out of range of my WiFi network.

In these cases, CompanionLink keeps popping up an error message that it's been unable to sync. I understand the need to warn me if the automatic sync hasn't worked for some time, but I don't need warning every 15 minutes (or whatever).

It would be great if I could configure the length of time the syncs must fail before I get a warning. For instance, I've actually set mine to sync every two hours, but I don't feel I'd need warning until (say) 24 hours had passed without a successful sync. Obviously other users may want a different interval.

Could you be persuaded to make this a user-configurable option?
    Hi Steve,

Good idea. The Quality team likes the suggestion and we are pushing it to the Dev's for consideration.
    This should to some degree be user configurable. Either with a menu of options or a user editable filed.