+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Today Screen Task Sort Order

  1. #1

    Today Screen Task Sort Order

    Eventually the alpha task sort order was fixed in the Tasks program / screen. But, that fix is not reflected in the Today screen.

    Tasks with alpha (FC) priorities on the Today screen are still displayed in alphabetical order according to the task description, not the priority.

    Is this fix on the agenda?

  2. #2
    DejaOffice Team Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,347
    Quote Originally Posted by MrD View Post
    Eventually the alpha task sort order was fixed in the Tasks program / screen. But, that fix is not reflected in the Today screen.

    Tasks with alpha (FC) priorities on the Today screen are still displayed in alphabetical order according to the task description, not the priority.

    Is this fix on the agenda?
    Hello MrD,

    Can you please report the exact DejaTask display settings you have?:
    Sort By =
    Group by =
    Prioirty Style =


    Thanks.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Hello MrD,

    Can you please report the exact DejaTask display settings you have?:
    Sort By =
    Group by =
    Prioirty Style =


    Thanks.
    Sort by = Priority
    Group by= None
    Priority Style = Alpha (Franklin)

  4. #4
    Well? Any other questions?

  5. #5
    DejaOffice Team Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,347
    Quote Originally Posted by MrD View Post
    Well? Any other questions?
    Hi MrD,

    What version of DejaOffice are you using? The 1.11.4 beta allows you to set the Sort order in DejaToday.
    This should be a general release very soon.
    I hope this helps.

  6. #6
    I am using 1.11.4 beta and can find no setting for the Tasks shown on the Today Screen. Can you provide detailed instructions for finding the setting?

  7. #7
    DejaOffice Team Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,347
    Quote Originally Posted by MrD View Post
    I am using 1.11.4 beta and can find no setting for the Tasks shown on the Today Screen. Can you provide detailed instructions for finding the setting?
    Hello MrD,

    My bad, I must have been looking at a dev build when I reported that because I can not find it now. He good news is it looks like we are on the way to providing this.
    Sorry for any confusion.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Hello MrD,

    My bad, I must have been looking at a dev build when I reported that because I can not find it now. He good news is it looks like we are on the way to providing this.
    Sorry for any confusion.
    1.11.5 beta release notes say this is fixed but it isn't. Djo only sorts according to letter, not letter and number. I sent you a pm on this.

  9. #9
    DejaOffice Team Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,347
    Quote Originally Posted by MrD View Post
    1.11.5 beta release notes say this is fixed but it isn't. Djo only sorts according to letter, not letter and number. I sent you a pm on this.
    Hi MrD,

    Expected behavior would be that it sorts by Leeter and then #.
    All of my inhouse tests indicate this works as expected.
    My Settings =
    Sort By = Prioirty
    Piority Style = Alph (Frnakin) Style
    Group By = None

    My tests so far are limited to Entering records manually in DejaOffice. Is there another variable here we can look at?
    Do the mis sorted tasks have any special characteristics?
    Were they Synced? Do they have an Expired Due Date? Etc...

    Please advise.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Hi MrD,

    Expected behavior would be that it sorts by Leeter and then #.
    All of my inhouse tests indicate this works as expected.
    My Settings =
    Sort By = Prioirty
    Piority Style = Alph (Frnakin) Style
    Group By = None

    My tests so far are limited to Entering records manually in DejaOffice. Is there another variable here we can look at?
    Do the mis sorted tasks have any special characteristics?
    Were they Synced? Do they have an Expired Due Date? Etc...

    Please advise.
    There is nothing special about the tasks, there are no expired dates and they have been sync'd.

    The Today menu does not have a setting for "Group By" only Sort By (Subject/Priority/Due Date).

    Please note that the TASKS do sort correctly. However, the TODAY program and the TODAY WIDGET do not.
    Presently, my Today screen is displaying A2, A3, A4, B2, B7, B6, B3,B4,B5, C3, C1, C2. But the Tasks screen shows the correct sort order.

    Also, when sync'd all the "C" Tasks are changed to "A" Tasks and all the "A" Tasks are changed to "C" Tasks in Outlook!

    I am using DJO 1.11.6 and CL 4041.

    Any other questions?

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts