+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Today Screen Task Sort Order

  1. #11
    DejaOffice Team Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,347
    Quote Originally Posted by MrD View Post
    There is nothing special about the tasks, there are no expired dates and they have been sync'd.

    The Today menu does not have a setting for "Group By" only Sort By (Subject/Priority/Due Date).

    Please note that the TASKS do sort correctly. However, the TODAY program and the TODAY WIDGET do not.
    Presently, my Today screen is displaying A2, A3, A4, B2, B7, B6, B3,B4,B5, C3, C1, C2. But the Tasks screen shows the correct sort order.

    Also, when sync'd all the "C" Tasks are changed to "A" Tasks and all the "A" Tasks are changed to "C" Tasks in Outlook!

    I am using DJO 1.11.6 and CL 4041.

    Any other questions?
    Hi MrD,

    Sorry for the confusion. Thanks for clarifying.
    Only one question.
    I suspect that in DejaToday, you have the Sort By set to "Priority"? Is this a correct assumption?

  2. #12
    DejaOffice Team Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,347
    Quote Originally Posted by MrD View Post
    There is nothing special about the tasks, there are no expired dates and they have been sync'd.

    The Today menu does not have a setting for "Group By" only Sort By (Subject/Priority/Due Date).

    Please note that the TASKS do sort correctly. However, the TODAY program and the TODAY WIDGET do not.
    Presently, my Today screen is displaying A2, A3, A4, B2, B7, B6, B3,B4,B5, C3, C1, C2. But the Tasks screen shows the correct sort order.

    Also, when sync'd all the "C" Tasks are changed to "A" Tasks and all the "A" Tasks are changed to "C" Tasks in Outlook!

    I am using DJO 1.11.6 and CL 4041.

    Any other questions?
    MrD,

    I think the DejaToday screen is sorting by Due date and not by priority. That is what we determined over here but I would like a confirmation.

    Can you please edit the C3 Priority task that is listed out of order?
    You can also pick the B7 or B6 task.
    Change the due date to today's date please. Does it then move position in a way to suggest that Due date is the sort setting?

    Please advise.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Hi MrD,

    Sorry for the confusion. Thanks for clarifying.
    Only one question.
    I suspect that in DejaToday, you have the Sort By set to "Priority"? Is this a correct assumption?
    Yes. that is correct.

  4. #14
    DejaOffice Team Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,347
    MrD

    I wrote a report to dev team regarding the behavior of DejaToday sorting by Due date when it is set to sort by Priority.
    I will update you when a fix is ready. Thanks for helping us catch this.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    MrD

    I wrote a report to dev team regarding the behavior of DejaToday sorting by Due date when it is set to sort by Priority.
    I will update you when a fix is ready. Thanks for helping us catch this.
    Actually, its sorting by Priority Letter and then alphabetical order by subject.

  6. #16
    DejaOffice Team Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,347
    Quote Originally Posted by MrD View Post
    Actually, its sorting by Priority Letter and then alphabetical order by subject.
    Thanks for that observation.

  7. #17
    The 1.11.7 Beta has fixed the Today Program task sor order. Thank you very much!

  8. #18
    DejaOffice Team Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,347
    Quote Originally Posted by MrD View Post
    The 1.11.7 Beta has fixed the Today Program task sor order. Thank you very much!
    Hello Mrd,

    Gald to here this is working for you!

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts