Thread: How do I delete multiple contacts at the same time?

How do I delete multiple contacts at the same time?

In "People" on my EVO, I can delete multiple contacts by Category.

Can I do the same with Dejaoffice Contacts?

DejaOffice Team Member
    DejaOffice contacts are deleted one at a time, though a function to delete a whole category of contacts at once might be something to consider for a future release; I'll pass this suggestion along to the developers. Thanks!

I have 2200 contacts and they have been duplicated several times during the synching process. Is the only way to remove all these contacts from Deja contacts and the native android contact list is to hard reset? How long before a solution to delete entire database? Is there a way to just delete the duplicates?

DejaOffice Team Member
    Tom, you don't have to hard reset just to clear out the databases. You can delete the entire DejaOffice database by typing in the word "reset" from the DejaOffice main screen. You won't see the letters as you are typing, but once you type it in you'll be given an option to reset the database. (If you don't have a physical keyboard, you can hold your Android's menu button for a bit to bring up a software keyboard.) Now, this will clear out all your DejaOffice contacts, events, tasks, notes, and categories, so I don't generally recommend that you use this option, but it's there if you need it.

The Android contacts/events can be cleared all at once as well. Usually this is done from your Android "Settings" menu, from "Applications", "Manage applications", then "Contacts Storage" (if you dont see "Contacts Storage", you may need to filter the view to show all applications by pressing the menu button and then "Filter"). In Contacts Storage, tap "Clear data". This will clear out all of your contacts. You could do the same for "Calendar Storage". This completely clears your Android contacts and calendar. You might need to disable your Google sync while you do this, so that the contacts/calendar don't come right back.

I recommend making backups of your Google/PC databases before going through any of these steps.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    T (If you don't have a physical keyboard, you can hold your Android's menu button for a bit to bring up a software keyboard.)
    My Samsung Galaxy S only has 3 keys, hold menu key only bring up search function, so I cannot not type reset in Dejaoffice main screen. How could I delete my dejaoffice entire database? I've root my phone, so I could access private folder and file.

Is there any plan to be able to add "selection" to the various apps (selection of multiple entities, and process entire selected groups, a la Symbian) so you can do multiple deletes?
    Just curious.

- Tim

In "People" on my EVO, I can delete multiple contacts by Category.

Can I do the same with Dejaoffice Contacts?
    I see on my Eris in the stock "People" contacts it also has a Delete Group option. I haven't tried it yet to see if it just deletes just the Group or includes the people in the Group. I'm guessing it is just the Group Category and not the individual contacts in the main “People”. Is this correct?

For deleting multiple contacts in the stock "People": ie. People > Menu > Delete you can individually select & un-select multiple contacts and Delete. Deleting contacts in this way, what are the next recommended steps with DJO? Read Android Data or Sync.?
    I am only looking to update between the stock "People" & DJO Contacts right now. I have contact sync to Google turned off.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Alex, another option is to mount your SD card and delete the "clusb" folder you find in there (this is where the DejaOffice database is stored).

DejaOffice Team Member
    Tim, I've passed the suggestion along (selecting multiple records), though at the moment it's not a planned feature.

DejaOffice Team Member
    bry54, if you just want to sync the HTC "People" with DejaContacts, run a "Read Android Data" instead of a sync.