+ Reply to Thread

Thread: updating android contacts takes REALLY long

updating android contacts takes REALLY long

Hi .. i recently enabled the updating of android contacts so that telephone, e-mail etc. has access to my contact info.

WOW does this take long (eg. 15 - 30 minutes for 1400 contacts, where i make very changes), while outlook <-> djo sync of the same contacts + 4500 tasks + hundreds of calendar items only takes a couple of minutes.

Help !

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lccseh View Post
    Hi .. i recently enabled the updating of android contacts so that telephone, e-mail etc. has access to my contact info.

WOW does this take long (eg. 15 - 30 minutes for 1400 contacts, where i make very changes), while outlook <-> djo sync of the same contacts + 4500 tasks + hundreds of calendar items only takes a couple of minutes.

Help !
    Hi Iccseh,

So sorry things are slow right now.
    THere may be a problem depending on what type of Android Device you are running. Any Android phone running Android OS 1.x will be slow to sync 1400 Contacts. It is a limitation of the Android OS.
    However, if you are using Android OS 2.x then it should be considerably faster.
    If you are using an Android 2.x device please follow the step below:

[AB42222] Here are some instructions to send us a Sync Log, a device log and a copy of your DejaOffice database for our analysis.

In DejaOffice select Settings, and then General Settings

Click the Checkbox for "Logging"

To create a log of Android Contacts and Android Calendar contents press the button for "Log Android DB"

If you need to send a sync log; click "Back", and "Back" to get to the DejaOffice Main Menu. Click "Read Android Data"
    or "Sync" to log the process or problem you have mentioned. Then return to Settings.

Press the button for "Email Log". Please send it to
    support@dejaoffice.com
    In the subject line put:
    ATTN: Thomas

I hope this helps.

Hi Thomas. I just emailed the log from my android (droid pro running 2.2.1).

Thanks,

Les

+ Reply to Thread