+ Reply to Thread

Thread: country codes lost or corrupted???`

Exclamation country codes lost or corrupted???`

Hi!
    I've just got onto the DJO sync - and it is remarkalbe in very many ways!! Really thrilled about the possibilities of carrying my office in my pocket. I am using Outlook 2007 and the PC's OS is Windows 7 ... and the phone an HTC Desire - and I have just tried out the trial version of DJO compainlink for outlook (CLO) 4040. A few disturbing questions:
    - one it was very slow in dealing with the Google contacts (almost 40+ min for the first run)
    - more disturbing is that both in the native phone app and in DJO contacts, the international dialling code has vanished and also missing are the leading '0' before a number [e.g. below]. Thankfully, the original data for contacts in Outlook and those in Google contacts remain intact!
    Example:
    number in Outlook: +44(20)XXXXXXXX (its the same in Google contacts)
    number in DJO contacts: (20)XXXXXXXX (its the same in the handset's native phone app)
    - there is another matter with an option I earlier had of "linking" contacts in my resident app with (a) their details in Google and Outlook and (b) any social networking profile (e.g. facebook) - this has now vanished???
    Kindly advise soonest

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dhabha View Post
    Hi!
    I've just got onto the DJO sync - and it is remarkalbe in very many ways!! Really thrilled about the possibilities of carrying my office in my pocket. I am using Outlook 2007 and the PC's OS is Windows 7 ... and the phone an HTC Desire - and I have just tried out the trial version of DJO compainlink for outlook (CLO) 4040. A few disturbing questions:
    - one it was very slow in dealing with the Google contacts (almost 40+ min for the first run)
    - more disturbing is that both in the native phone app and in DJO contacts, the international dialling code has vanished and also missing are the leading '0' before a number [e.g. below]. Thankfully, the original data for contacts in Outlook and those in Google contacts remain intact!
    Example:
    number in Outlook: +44(20)XXXXXXXX (its the same in Google contacts)
    number in DJO contacts: (20)XXXXXXXX (its the same in the handset's native phone app)
    - there is another matter with an option I earlier had of "linking" contacts in my resident app with (a) their details in Google and Outlook and (b) any social networking profile (e.g. facebook) - this has now vanished???
    Kindly advise soonest
    Hi dhabha,

The following article may be helpful regarding your Country Code formatting issue:
    [AB42741] The Phone Format options allow you to customize the way that phone numbers synchronize between your contact manager and your handheld device. You can access these options in CompanionLink Settings/Advanced Settings/Phone Format tab.

Here is a description of each option:

Use US formatting for phone numbers:
    If this option is checked, any 10-digit phone numbers in your contact manager will synchronize to your handheld device using the US phone number format (###)###-####.

Automatically include extensions:
    If this option is checked, telephone extensions will be synchronized along with phone numbers. Extensions will be denoted by the symbol specified in the "Symbol to use for extensions" field (see below).

Clear leading zero on phone numbers:
    In many phone numbers outside North America, a "0" digit immediately following the country code is used as a national direct dialing prefix. In some contexts it may be desirable to remove this "leading 0" when synchronizing to your handheld device. This can be facilitated by checking the "Clear leading zero on phone numbers" option.

If "Clear leading zero on phone numbers" is checked, any phone number in your contact manager that includes a leading "0" AND has a country code that does not match your local country code (see below) will synchronize to your handheld device with the leading "0" omitted. Conversely, any phone number in your contact manager that includes a leading "0" AND has a country code that matches your local country code will synchronize to your handheld device with the leading "0" included.

Example without matching local country code:
    Phone number in contact manager: +44 03141592653
    Local Country code: 33
    Synchronizes to handheld device as: +44 3141592653

Example with matching local country code:
    Phone number in contact manager: +44 03141592653

Local Country code: 44
    Synchronizes to handheld device as: 03141592653
    (NOTE: In this example, the leading "0" is preserved and the local country code is removed. See "Local Country Code" below for more information).

Symbol to use for extensions:
    If the "Automatically include extensions" option is checked, any telephone extensions synchronized to your handheld device will be denoted by the symbol specified here.

Local Country Code:
    Any phone number in your contact manager with a country code that matches the local country code specified in this field will be synchronized to your handheld device with the country code omitted. Conversely, any phone number in your contact manager with a country code that does not match the local country code specified in this field will be synchronized to your handheld device with the country code included.

Example without matching local country code:
    Phone number in contact manager: +49 66 2606 8
    Local Country code: 31
    Synchronizes to handheld device as: +49 66 2606 8

Example with matching local country code:
    Phone number in contact manager: +49 66 2606 8
    Local Country code: 49
    Synchronizes to handheld device as: 66 2606 8

Sync All Country Codes:
    Selecting this option disables the local country code and does not allow you enter a local country code. This function replaces the need to put 9999 for local country code.

I hope this information helps.

Regarding the matter with linking contacts, this may be a result of turning off Google Sync which we recommend doing when using DejaOffice. We have run into a number of issues dealing with Facebook contacts. I do not have a simple solution for this problem. In general our software and Facebook functions on handheld devices do not interact well.

Thanks Thomas
    .... reading this has got me somewhat more confused; but will re-read and see where it takes me ... hopefully to the divine world of a solution. Will update once I get there or somewhere nearabouts there
    Thanks
    ps: will also ask a related question about linking contacts once I sort this mess out

Thomas
    Happy to say that the process worked well ... and it is all fine at this end: a big relief!!!
    Many thanks

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dhabha View Post
    Thomas
    Happy to say that the process worked well ... and it is all fine at this end: a big relief!!!
    Many thanks
    Glad to hear all is well!

+ Reply to Thread