Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DEJAOFFICE und Handcent SMS zusammenbringen. Ist das mglich?

Question DEJAOFFICE und Handcent SMS zusammenbringen. Ist das mglich?

Hallo,
    Ich habe in DEJA-Office alle Kontakte nach Kategorien sortiert und sync'e mit Outlook.
    Wenn ich nun aus den ontakten eine SMS senden will kann ich zwar HANDCENT fr das SMS'en verwenden, allerdings wie kann ich mehrere Kontakte auswhlen. Sobald ich die SMS-Software von Handcent ausgewhlt habe kann ich nicht mehr aus den kategorisierten Kontakten von DEJAContacts zugreifen.

Lsst sich das irgendwie kombinieren, oder kennt jemand eine "Multi"-SMS-Software fr Android die mit DEJAContact zusammenarbeitet?

Wre fr jegliche Info dankbar

PS: Vielleicht ist jemand in der Lage mir diesen Thread auch sinngemss in Englisch zu bersetzen und ins englische DEJAOffice-Forum zu posten?

Vielen Dank

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by monastsavo View Post
    Hallo,
    Ich habe in DEJA-Office alle Kontakte nach Kategorien sortiert und sync'e mit Outlook.
    Wenn ich nun aus den ontakten eine SMS senden will kann ich zwar HANDCENT fr das SMS'en verwenden, allerdings wie kann ich mehrere Kontakte auswhlen. Sobald ich die SMS-Software von Handcent ausgewhlt habe kann ich nicht mehr aus den kategorisierten Kontakten von DEJAContacts zugreifen.

Lsst sich das irgendwie kombinieren, oder kennt jemand eine "Multi"-SMS-Software fr Android die mit DEJAContact zusammenarbeitet?

Wre fr jegliche Info dankbar

PS: Vielleicht ist jemand in der Lage mir diesen Thread auch sinngemss in Englisch zu bersetzen und ins englische DEJAOffice-Forum zu posten?

Vielen Dank
    Hello monastavso,

I used Google Translate and it generated this:
    DEJAOFFICE cents SMS and hand match. Is that possible?

Hi,
    I've sorted in DEJA office all contacts by category and sync'e with Outlook.
    Now if I want to send a text message from the ontacts I can indeed use the Hand Center Fri SMS'en, but how can I auswhlen multiple contacts. As soon as I ausgewhlt the SMS software by hand cents I can not categorized in the contacts of DEJAContacts access.

LSST be combined somehow, or knows someone a "Multi" SMS software for Android works with DEJAContact?

Fri wre any info appreciated

PS: Maybe someone is able to translate well to me this thread sinngemss in English and to post into English DEJAOffice forum?

Thank you

-
    So if I hear your request it has something to do with Group SMS texts but I ma not sure of the specifics of your request.

Hi Thomas

The German Fellows post is essentially asking how deja office can be used to send a group text to a single group. I have the same kind of enquiry in so far as I see how a single sms can be sent 1 at a time after filtering by outlook category but there seems to be no way of sending a single text to the multiple contacts in a category. Is that possible or does it need some form of other app/utility linking to dejaoffice. Please advise.....

Jackie

tnplnw, Sending the same SMS or Email to a Group of contacts is not a feature we've completed yet. However, it will be coming soon. We only got the ability to synchronize distribution lists in our recent updates (Winter 2013).

The method will be as follows
    1. A Distribution list is synchronized as a "Contact" that has a series of linked contacts
    2. Also, each linked Contact is linked back to the parent list.

To be done:
    3. Select a Distribution list "Contact" and send Email, or Send Text; Then it will send to the whole list.

I expect this by mid-year 2013.

This is now 3-2014. Has there been any further work done in this area? I have installed 3.1.1 and am looking for a way to do distribution lists of emails and possibly texts.
    Thanks

+1 vote

Quote Originally Posted by clemsonjim View Post
    This is now 3-2014. Has there been any further work done in this area? I have installed 3.1.1 and am looking for a way to do distribution lists of emails and possibly texts.
    Thanks
    I too would like to be able to do distribution lists. To be honest, I am unlikely to use the distribution lists directly from my phone but I use the phone to keep Outlook on 2 PCs in sync. There are other ways of doing that but as I am syncing the phone with those PCs anyway it seems the most logical solution.

But maybe syncing distribution lists it is too difficult to implement. I remember in the days of my Palm that distribution lists were not synced. I would certainly not want to sacrifice stability of all the other parts of the software just for the distribution lists.

Very satisfied with what I have seen of DejaOffice so far but I am Still Learning so plenty more to discover.

Still Learning, welcome to the forum.

Distribution lists has been part of DejaOffice Sync from Outlook to Android for a log time now. Try making one in Outlook, and seeing what it looks like in DejaOffice for Android.

Thanks,
    You're right it does copy across onto the android. I seem to have some trouble getting it to sync with the 2nd PC. I'll experiment a bit and get back if I find anything to report.
    In the meantime, is there any way to set the sync so it does not precede the name of the distribution list with "Group:". It is not a deal breaker but it does tend to move my distribution lists alphabetically.

For now, that is how we have it. Since the contact list is a flat list, and we have limited space in the display, this is what we chose to delimit it.

The title of my Distribution lists sync to dejaoffice (with Group added) but there are no details. The members in the list show in the 'Linked Records' but with no email or phone numbers etc. Where should that info show and how do you use to send email or text?
    Thanks