After updating to the most recent client side (DejaOffice v. 1.5.6 (6/30/2010)) and PC side releases to resolve the problem with corrupted categories appearing and color coding being removed (both are fixed now, thanks!) I have noticed another odd behavior that I wanted to share. Specifically, I have noticed in the past few days that if I open the Categories option I will see a blank entry listed immediately below the "All Categories" option. I do not find any items assigned to this category, and I am able to delete it from the client without a problem, but at some point it will return again with a different color coding assigned to it (it seems to rotate through the available colors).

So far this has been a low impact issue, but I wanted to report it in case it may be related to a larger issue "under the hood" which could impact data integrity.