Thread: Must force WiFi sync from DO

Must force WiFi sync from DO

I use DO 1.11.3 with CL 4039, to sync Outlook on PC to Android via wifi. I triple check that all settings are correct. But CL absolutely refuses to sync, giving the the "Unable to connect to remote device.". In my desperation, I start the sync from DO. As designed, DO asks me to start the sync from CL. I follow this instruction, start the sync from CL and viola - perfect sync. So CL refuses to sync until I try to start from DO. Is this a "feature"?

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotesman View Post
    I use DO 1.11.3 with CL 4039, to sync Outlook on PC to Android via wifi. I triple check that all settings are correct. But CL absolutely refuses to sync, giving the the "Unable to connect to remote device.". In my desperation, I start the sync from DO. As designed, DO asks me to start the sync from CL. I follow this instruction, start the sync from CL and viola - perfect sync. So CL refuses to sync until I try to start from DO. Is this a "feature"?
    Are you using a process killer in the background to save battery life? The DejaOffice process needs to be running in the background for the Sync to work when initiated form the PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Are you using a process killer in the background to save battery life? The DejaOffice process needs to be running in the background for the Sync to work when initiated form the PC.
    So does this mean that after turning on my phone, I cannot initiate wifi sync from the PC unless I previously open a DO application?

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by druk View Post
    So does this mean that after turning on my phone, I cannot initiate wifi sync from the PC unless I previously open a DO application?
    Your mileage may vary on that. Bit that is very possible.