Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Syncing Android contacts"... how many times?

Back to normal behavior... doing no changes at all.
    Now the pop-up is standing by waiting for me to click ok on PC and then on the pop-up itself, then it dismount SD.

WinXP - Palm Desktop 4.2 - Sony Xperia ZR - Android 4.2.2 - CL 5.0 (B.5070) - DJO 2.5.2 (484) - Hotsync 6.1.0 - WiFi Sync

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NickStick View Post
    Back to normal behavior... doing no changes at all.
    Now the pop-up is standing by waiting for me to click ok on PC and then on the pop-up itself, then it dismount SD.

Hello NickStick,

If I am hearing you the problem has now gone away. Please correct me if I am wrong.

It's ok. Thanks.
    WinXP - Palm Desktop 4.2 - Sony Xperia ZR - Android 4.2.2 - CL 5.0 (B.5070) - DJO 2.5.2 (484) - Hotsync 6.1.0 - WiFi Sync

DejaOffice Team Member
    It's ok. Thanks.
    Keep me up to date if anything new comes up around this. Glad to hear things are better now.

Sync key cause the SD card to be mounted ... but not dismounted.
    One day yes, one day no.

One day it works, one day I have to use the "workaround"... :/

DejaOffice Team Member
    One day yes, one day no.

One day it works, one day I have to use the "workaround"... :/
    That is interesting. Are there any changes to process or environment changes from one day to the next? Sounds like a possible PC connection issue.

I'm back to this issue, struggling to leave but waiting a sloooooow "reading android contacts xx%"........

Worse thing is every sync behavior is different...

I'll come back as soon as I'll have some time...

DejaOffice Team Member
    I'm back to this issue, struggling to leave but waiting a sloooooow "reading android contacts xx%"........

Worse thing is every sync behavior is different...

I'll come back as soon as I'll have some time...
    NickStick,

I am not sure how to respond to this post but I hear you.
    Slow Sync with Native Android suggests a problem with the previous Sync. Does anything in your experience confirm that theory?

I'm with DJO 1.12.2 and I experienced the same problem I had with previous version of DJO and O.S.

After a couple of days of good syncs, I went back to old time:

Sometimes (better: often), while DJO is waiting for CL to finish its task (and I'm waiting for CL [OK] button), DJO disappears and device goes back to Android home screen.

After CL [OK] button is pressed, I should press [OK] on device but I cannot do that because DJO with its pop-up are not there.

If I press DJO icon, DJO appears with no pop-up and wrong background color (meaning to me that it cannot access its own data on SD).

Instead, if i manually switch USB access from "none" to "SD" and back to "none", DJO looks to understand and it appears back on screen and it goes on with sync procedure, there is the [OK] button and it's ending up with "syncing" and "sync complete".

This "turnaround" didn't work well last time and after a while I had to Cancel the "Reading android contacts" so, probably you are right, there was a problem with this sync so next sync was very slow on "reading android contacts.

b.t.w. during syncs in last months, on Windows always appeared the "removable disk menu" together with CL.
    This wasn't an issue, USB was "charge only" on device and I safely disconnected USB from PC before detaching phone.

Now, after syncs completes (in some way), I cannot disconnect USB from PC ("try later" message) and SOMETIMES after some time the "removable disk menu" appears again then I dismiss it and I can disconnect the phone "safely" even if USB is "charge only" (or better "none" on Froyo 2.2.2).

The problem is USB sync is not smooth, DJO disappears from the screen.
    So the sync procedure becomes not correct.

Hello NickStick and Thomas,

I have similar problems:

1. I always use USB sync and connect HTC Desire to PC with option "charge only", nevertheless the "removable disk menu" appears on PC (not only in the last months but since I use DJO and CL).

2. Yes, about every fourth time after I press "Sync" on the device this menu opens on the PC and CL opens and starts, but then suddenly DJO closes on the device (I see HTC Sense home screen). So the "OK" button on the device disappears making it impossible to "press OK after sync has finished". After some investigation it seems, that when I then press "Sync" on the device again I struggle with a crashed DJO, wrong syncs (lost or duplicate data on the device and/or in Outlook) and other faults. I found that when I wait an amount of time, then press "OK" in CL and disconnect USB from the device, and then waiting for the device finishing DJO-Android sync (this often starts when I start DJO manually), following syncs seem to be correct.

3. Concerning the "try later" message when disconnecting USB from PC, in another thread I remarked that since CL version 5 the file 'companionlink.db-shm' isn't closed correctly (each time I exit CL a Windows error message appears that not all data could be written to this file. Obviously this file stays in use even after a finished sync, preventing USB connection to be disconnected.

I agree with NickStick that USB sync has become worse since CL 5, but my above second point is there even since CL 4.

I hope and expect that these things will be fixed in very near future!

Regards
    Arno
    (old, not longer used: Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-i9100) with Android 4.1.2 (German language))
    Doogee Dagger DG550 with Android 4.4.2 (German language)
    CL 7 build 7022
    DJO for Android 4.1.6 (924)
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
    Outlook 2010 32bit, SP2
    Sync: ADB Mode (DejaConnect USB)
    Sync only with one single PC