+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Contact Mapping from Outlook to Android Contacts

Contact Mapping from Outlook to Android Contacts

Sync of contacts from my desktop Outlook to Android Contacts works pretty smoothly in both directions, but for one glitch. When I open Android Contacts on the Contacts tab, there are no contacts. But in the Group tab, there are about a dozen groups listed, all but one of them unpopulated. First are all my Outlook categories (empty) than a bunch of groups with a subtitle "Google System Group". One of these, "Contacts" is populated with my full contact list. How can I get rid of all these "groups" and have all my contacts in "Contacts?"
    My phone is a brand new Droid Charge on Verizon.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick B View Post
    Sync of contacts from my desktop Outlook to Android Contacts works pretty smoothly in both directions, but for one glitch. When I open Android Contacts on the Contacts tab, there are no contacts. But in the Group tab, there are about a dozen groups listed, all but one of them unpopulated. First are all my Outlook categories (empty) than a bunch of groups with a subtitle "Google System Group". One of these, "Contacts" is populated with my full contact list. How can I get rid of all these "groups" and have all my contacts in "Contacts?"
    My phone is a brand new Droid Charge on Verizon.
    Hello Dick B,

Thanks for posting this.
    There are a lot of places to look at Contacts. Generaly referring the application you are in is very helpful so we can follow it better.
    "Android Contacts on the Contacts Tab" Is this in Outlook? I am having trouble following you.

Sorry for the confusion. Forgot to mention that my phone is a Samsung Droid Charge on Verizon. The Contacts to which I refer is the native Contacts icon on the Charge. The tabs, to which I referred above, are on the Charge's contact display. Is that enough information?

+ Reply to Thread