Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dejatoday showing numbers (1 to 7) rather than "Today"

Dejatoday showing numbers (1 to 7) rather than "Today"

Dear experts,
    I'm experiencing the following with my Dejatoday widget (tried Dejaoffice 1.11.7 & all the previous versions):
    - the header of Dejatoday widget is showing a number (from 1 to 7) rather than the week days (today).. I couldn't find in the settings where to correct it... is it a bug? please advice.

- Tasks in the widget are just mixed up (just a listing of all tasks!!!)... I don't mind seeing tomorrows tasks and later tasks r even overdue tasks (the way it is now) but at least allow us to have in the widget appearance the due dates or starting dates and to sort them out accordingly...

However, we highly appreciate if we can have the ability to CUSTOMIZE our widget appearance as follows:
    1- Transparency & skins
    2- Ability to show and sort the tasks by their due dates and / or starting dates (not just a dummy tasks listing)
    3- We hope to have our widget lighter (faster)... Dejaoffice suite in general is the slowest Android app that I have on my phone ALTHOUGH I use it most
    4- PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, we need to see the history of what have been updated after a sync!!!! this is so important...

Thanks DEV team in advance... I hope my request will be looked at soon
    Last edited by Nakkoush; 05-30-2011 at 06:24 AM.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakkoush View Post
    Dear experts,
    I'm experiencing the following with my Dejatoday widget (tried Dejaoffice 1.11.7 & all the previous versions):
    - the header of Dejatoday widget is showing a number (from 1 to 7) rather than the week days (today).. I couldn't find in the settings where to correct it... is it a bug? please advice.

- Tasks in the widget are just mixed up (just a listing of all tasks!!!)... I don't mind seeing tomorrows tasks and later tasks r even overdue tasks (the way it is now) but at least allow us to have in the widget appearance the due dates or starting dates and to sort them out accordingly...

However, we highly appreciate if we can have the ability to CUSTOMIZE our widget appearance as follows:
    1- Transparency & skins
    2- Ability to show and sort the tasks by their due dates and / or starting dates (not just a dummy tasks listing)
    3- We hope to have our widget lighter (faster)... Dejaoffice suite in general is the slowest Android app that I have on my phone ALTHOUGH I use it most
    4- PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, we need to see the history of what have been updated after a sync!!!! this is so important...

Thanks DEV team in advance... I hope my request will be looked at soon
    Hello Nakkoush,

Thanks for posting. I have forwarded your request regarding the design of the Widget to the dev team.
    Regarding the Days of the week displaying as 1-7. What Android device and OS are you using? I will trey replicate this behavior in house and advise the dev team.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Hello Nakkoush,

Thanks for posting. I have forwarded your request regarding the design of the Widget to the dev team.
    Regarding the Days of the week displaying as 1-7. What Android device and OS are you using? I will trey replicate this behavior in house and advise the dev team.
    Thanks Thomas...
    I am using an HTC HD2 phone with Nand Android (2.3.4)... Mod version: CyanogenMod-7 Nightly-Desire[TyphooN_v3.3.3]

DejaOffice Team Member
    Thanks Thomas...
    I am using an HTC HD2 phone with Nand Android (2.3.4)... Mod version: CyanogenMod-7 Nightly-Desire[TyphooN_v3.3.3]
    Hi Nakkoush,

We have no way of verifying behavior on rooted or non standard/custom Android ROMS. Up to now no one else is reporting this behavior. We will attempt to reproduce the Calendar Days (1-7) issue on a standard OS and report back what we discover.

Regarding your request for the Widget to display tasks by their due date -Try these steps:
    1. Open DejaOffice and Tap DejaToday:
    2. Tap the DejaToday Header and select Sort By = Due Date.
    3. This should then allow the Widget to display items sorted by Due Date.

I hope this helps.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Hi Nakkoush,

We have no way of verifying behavior on rooted or non standard/custom Android ROMS. Up to now no one else is reporting this behavior. We will attempt to reproduce the Calendar Days (1-7) issue on a standard OS and report back what we discover.

Regarding your request for the Widget to display tasks by their due date -Try these steps:
    1. Open DejaOffice and Tap DejaToday:
    2. Tap the DejaToday Header and select Sort By = Due Date.
    3. This should then allow the Widget to display items sorted by Due Date.

I hope this helps.
    We were unable to reproduce the Days of the week displaying as 1-7 on Android 2.3.3 in German. It seems to be an issue specific to your modified Android ROM.

We were unable to reproduce the Days of the week displaying as 1-7 on Android 2.3.3 in German. It seems to be an issue specific to your modified Android ROM.
    Thomas, the same week days issue was happening in my previous modified Andoird ROM... Gingerbeard... could be an issue with rooted Android in general :S

DejaOffice Team Member
    Thomas, the same week days issue was happening in my previous modified Andoird ROM... Gingerbeard... could be an issue with rooted Android in general :S
    That would make sense on our end.

I'm using HTC Desire with unmodified Froyo 2.2 switched to German (!) language and CL 1.11.7.

In CL's earlier versions there has been the same localization error in Deja calendar (1-7 for day of the week instead of "Montag", etc. and 1-12 for the month instead of "Januar", etc.). These errors have been corrected. But obviously here is the same error, I have it in the 4x4 DejaToday Widget, name of month is correct, but day of the week is a number!

Dear developer team: The same code with which you corrected the German's display in calendar should also work for the widget?

Regards
    Arno

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ProTel-BS View Post
    I'm using HTC Desire with unmodified Froyo 2.2 switched to German (!) language and CL 1.11.7.

In CL's earlier versions there has been the same localization error in Deja calendar (1-7 for day of the week instead of "Montag", etc. and 1-12 for the month instead of "Januar", etc.). These errors have been corrected. But obviously here is the same error, I have it in the 4x4 DejaToday Widget, name of month is correct, but day of the week is a number!

Dear developer team: The same code with which you corrected the German's display in calendar should also work for the widget?

Regards
    Arno
    Hello Pro-Tel,

Thank you so much for clearing this up. I will have my German Language team look at this. We did verify this in German here. But I will have them take another look.

Hello Pro-Tel,

Thank you so much for clearing this up. I will have my German Language team look at this. We did verify this in German here. But I will have them take another look.
    update...

changed and updated the ROM on my HD2 (Nand android). did a fresh and clean install; Dejaoffice (updated to version 1.11.7) is the first application to be installed and tested on my phone... followed are the results:

- Same issue with the numbers showing in Dejatoday rather than "Today" (Sunday is 1 till Saturday 7)
    - A "force close" of Dejaoffice occurs on every phone restart (even with previous release which I forgot to mention above)... I have to delete my widget and add it again (after each restart.....)
    - Dejaoffice still the slowest application running on my phone.

Please advice...