Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dejatoday showing numbers (1 to 7) rather than "Today"

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakkoush View Post
    update...

changed and updated the ROM on my HD2 (Nand android). did a fresh and clean install; Dejaoffice (updated to version 1.11.7) is the first application to be installed and tested on my phone... followed are the results:

- Same issue with the numbers showing in Dejatoday rather than "Today" (Sunday is 1 till Saturday 7)
    - A "force close" of Dejaoffice occurs on every phone restart (even with previous release which I forgot to mention above)... I have to delete my widget and add it again (after each restart.....)
    - Dejaoffice still the slowest application running on my phone.

Please advice...
    This is a known issue for some German Android ROM's. The dev department has been informed. Look for a fix in future DejaOffice releases in the release notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    This is a known issue for some German Android ROM's. The dev department has been informed. Look for a fix in future DejaOffice releases in the release notes.
    Dear thomas, I hope you are referring to all my mentioned points as being known and not only the issue of days appearing in numbers..
    The force close issue is very annoying you know... Also the running speed of the whole suite...

However thanks for your kind attendance.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Dear thomas, I hope you are referring to all my mentioned points as being known and not only the issue of days appearing in numbers..
    The force close issue is very annoying you know... Also the running speed of the whole suite...

However thanks for your kind attendance.
    Nakkoush,

Apologies. Yes the known issue is the days appearing form 1-7.
    Whan you say force close with every restart, do you mean that:
    DejaOffice running in the backgound.
    Phone is restarted.
    Navigate to DejaOffice and it force closes?

Is this correct?

Regarding performance...
    How many contacts do you have on your phone?
    What is the approximate size of the data on your PC.

Force close is happening as followed:

DejaOffice in the background.
    Phone restarted...
    I unlock my phone and immediately get the following message (after each restart and with 5 different versions of Nand Android tested on my HD2...):

Sorry!
    The application Dejaoffice (process com.companionlink.clusbsync) has stopped unexpextedly. please try again.

After the above force close, I have to delete DejaToday widget since it won't show any data unless I delete it & add it again.... always like that.... very frustrating....

In addition to the above reoccurring instance of force close... Dejaoffice is very fragile... I have to be very patient when working with it; otherwise it will force close (very slow, it takes between 4-8 seconds to edit or exit (save) a task for ex.)...

- I have 766 contacts
    - Calender 144
    - Tasks 9
    - Notes 3
    Last edited by Nakkoush; 06-06-2011 at 12:14 PM.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Force close is happening as followed:

DejaOffice in the background.
    Phone restarted...
    I unlock my phone and immediately get the following message (after each restart and with 5 different versions of Nand Android tested on my HD2...):

Sorry!
    The application Dejaoffice (process com.companionlink.clusbsync) has stopped unexpextedly. please try again.

After the above force close, I have to delete DejaToday widget since it won't show any data unless I delete it & add it again.... always like that.... very frustrating....

In addition to the above reoccurring instance of force close... Dejaoffice is very fragile... I have to be very patient when working with it; otherwise it will force close (very slow, it takes between 4-8 seconds to edit or exit (save) a task for ex.)...

- I have 766 contacts
    - Calender 144
    - Tasks 9
    - Notes 3
    So just to address the NAND Android ROM scenario. We do cannot, and do not support all the various aftermarket ROM's for Android. It is a matter of logistics and number of devices on the worldwide Android market. Our testing in house is always against factory ROM's. I will provide suggestions here, however we are limited on our end as to how far we can go to try and isolate/fix behavior on a non OEM ROM.

Also if you are using any kind of process killer/battery life utility you need to either disable it or custom configure it to completely ignore DejaOffice. Sometimes their processes to close apps are not completely graceful.

I would try the following:

1. backup your data on your PC (Outlook, ACT!, or whatever app you sync to.)
    2. Delete DejaOffice form the Android Device.
    3. Delete the CLUSB folder from the SDCARD.
    NOTE: This will delete all DejaOffice data from your Phone. Be sure you have a backup on your PC.
    4. Open CompanionLink Setup on your PC and set CompanionLink to Purge and Reload All.
    5. Install DejaOffice from the Android Market.
    6. Sync your phone.

I hope this helps.

I understand your message concerning the aftermarket's ROM although I didn't have yet a single issue with any Android's application from the Market (i've tried dozens if not hundreds) and my Nand Android. I consider DejaOffice one of my must have application; syncing between outlook and my phone is a must... therefore I'll have to live then with these bugs and performance issues until I change my phone...

However, I've done what you suggested above and unfortunately didn't work...

1- The DejaToday widget is causing the force close... if I remove it and restart my phone no force close message appears...
    2- The performance is still the same.

DejaOffice Team Member
    I understand your message concerning the aftermarket's ROM although I didn't have yet a single issue with any Android's application from the Market (i've tried dozens if not hundreds) and my Nand Android. I consider DejaOffice one of my must have application; syncing between outlook and my phone is a must... therefore I'll have to live then with these bugs and performance issues until I change my phone...

However, I've done what you suggested above and unfortunately didn't work...

1- The DejaToday widget is causing the force close... if I remove it and restart my phone no force close message appears...
    2- The performance is still the same.
    Hi Nakkoush,

Thanks for the update. If any users have any input regarding performance issues when running the Widget I would be very interested in hearing about this.

Quote Originally Posted by ProTel-BS View Post
    I'm using HTC Desire with unmodified Froyo 2.2 switched to German (!) language and CL 1.11.7.

In CL's earlier versions there has been the same localization error in Deja calendar (1-7 for day of the week instead of "Montag", etc. and 1-12 for the month instead of "Januar", etc.). These errors have been corrected. But obviously here is the same error, I have it in the 4x4 DejaToday Widget, name of month is correct, but day of the week is a number!

Dear developer team: The same code with which you corrected the German's display in calendar should also work for the widget?

Regards
    Arno
    I'm sorry, this unwanted number instead of the day of the week in 4x4 widget is there since 1.11.7 and even in latest 1.12.1beta

Arno

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ProTel-BS View Post
    I'm sorry, this unwanted number instead of the day of the week in 4x4 widget is there since 1.11.7 and even in latest 1.12.1beta

Arno

Hi Arno,

You are reporting that in DejaOffice for German v1.12.1 the DejaOffice 4x4 Widget Displays a number instead of the Day of the Week. Correct?

Hi Thomas,

yes correct

Arno