+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ACT! 2011 won't sync with iPad2

ACT! 2011 won't sync with iPad2

Is anyone having success syncing an ACT! database with an iPad2?

My contacts sync, but during the calendar sync DejaOffice shuts down on the iPad and Companionlink hangs up on the PC.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phcdave View Post
    Is anyone having success syncing an ACT! database with an iPad2?

My contacts sync, but during the calendar sync DejaOffice shuts down on the iPad and Companionlink hangs up on the PC.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Hello phdcave,

We are in the process of isolating a random issue with some Apple Device users that prevent them from being able to Sync their Calendar. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    You can try two possible workarounds:
    1. Update to DejaOffice 1.2.2. We have had some success with this for some users with this problem.
    2. Try using the Secure Hosted Server Sync option. There is free trial period to test with and some users have reported this resolves the problem.

In the mean time we are working hard to find a fix for this.

Thanks Thomas,

I upgraded to DJO 1.2.2 and get the same results. I synced my Contacts only and that worked fine. Unfortunately, when I synced my Calendar by itself it shut down on the iPad like before, and it duplicated some of my appointments on my PC in ACT!

I'll try the Secure Hosted Server.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Thanks Thomas,

I upgraded to DJO 1.2.2 and get the same results. I synced my Contacts only and that worked fine. Unfortunately, when I synced my Calendar by itself it shut down on the iPad like before, and it duplicated some of my appointments on my PC in ACT!

I'll try the Secure Hosted Server.
    Make sure you execute a Purge N Reload Changing Sync Methods a little tricky.
    Let me know if you have any questions.

Thomas, are they making any progress on the calendar syncing issue? This is very disappointing.

Thanks.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Thomas, are they making any progress on the calendar syncing issue? This is very disappointing.

Thanks.
    We are in the process of completely re-writing the calendar app. Sorry for the delay, but please stay tuned!

Thomas,

I just downloaded the latest build to Companionlink (4046). Now DJO completes the sync, but I keep getting multiple events scheduled in my calendar.

Any ETA on the re-writing of the calendar app?

Thanks

DejaOffice Team Member
    Thomas,

I just downloaded the latest build to Companionlink (4046). Now DJO completes the sync, but I keep getting multiple events scheduled in my calendar.

Any ETA on the re-writing of the calendar app?

Thanks
    In progress now. We submitted 1.2.4 to Apple last week. It should show up on the iTunes store soon. Now we begin the Calendar rewrite.

Hey Thomas,

How's the Calendar rewrite coming along? I just installed ACT! 2012 and updated CL to Build 4049. The sync completes now, but I get double activities in my calendar on my ipad2. It seems like you guys are making progress.

Thanks.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Hey Thomas,

How's the Calendar rewrite coming along? I just installed ACT! 2012 and updated CL to Build 4049. The sync completes now, but I get double activities in my calendar on my ipad2. It seems like you guys are making progress.

Thanks.
    phcdave,

DejaOffice 1.2.5 is still in development but progressing.
    Regarding your duplicates - Are you syncing with Native Calendar?

I can respond much faster to your questions about DejaOffice if you include the following information in your Signature:
    Mobile Device and OS
    DejaOffice version#
    CompanionLink build #
    Data Manager App (Outlook ACT! PalmDesktop etc..)
    Sync Method with CompanionLink
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. - Please include the "Account" Selected to Sync with for Contacts and or Calendar.
    Also - Please avoid using terms like, "Latest Update", that can mean too many things. Version # is greatly appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread