Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: After 1.2.2 update

Thomas - I did some more trial & error and have found that it has something to do with deleting the number in the "work" phone number field. I tried it with a few more contacts and when I erase (backspace over or highlight and hit delete) the work number and then save the contact, then sync with CL the update does not carry to the DJO or native database. When I add a number to the work number field it does update in both databases. Let me know if and how you want the log.

Matt

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_CLtoDJOiPhone View Post
    Thomas - I did some more trial & error and have found that it has something to do with deleting the number in the "work" phone number field. I tried it with a few more contacts and when I erase (backspace over or highlight and hit delete) the work number and then save the contact, then sync with CL the update does not carry to the DJO or native database. When I add a number to the work number field it does update in both databases. Let me know if and how you want the log.

Matt

Hi Matt,

You present some interesting information that I am very curious about.

I can have some testing done on. I want to make sure I understand the triggering mechanism:
    Editing the work Phone number field ... In Native contacts, or in DJO, or in Outlook?
    Please clarify this point.

ZIP the log file and send it to:
    support@dejaoffice.com
    Subject = ATTN THomas
    Body = Link to this thread.

I edited the contact in Outlook (2003), Saved & Closed then sync'd to DJO.

Email with log sent per instructions above.

Matt

DejaOffice Team Member
    I edited the contact in Outlook (2003), Saved & Closed then sync'd to DJO.

Email with log sent per instructions above.

Matt
    What was the name of the event in the Calendar? So I can look for it in the log.

Contacts not events, and I did it on two different ones. The original was "Matthew Joanna & Julia ____ " and the 2nd was "Marlene Meyer".

DejaOffice Team Member
    Contacts not events, and I did it on two different ones. The original was "Matthew Joanna & Julia ____ " and the 2nd was "Marlene Meyer".
    Thank you!

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Thank you!
    Log indicates the last time Matthew Joanna & Julia____ was modified was June1st. Is this correct?

That was the first time I removed the work phone number and sync'd. Subsequently one of the sync's replaced the record in outlook with the one from DJO so I edited it again on June 7 and sync'd a couple times since then, last one at 4:51pm. I will email a screen shot showing the record in a reply to the support ticket email. Did the log only record the one sync back on 6/1 or does it keep recording after it is turned on? Do I need to turn it on again and re-sync?

DejaOffice Team Member
    That was the first time I removed the work phone number and sync'd. Subsequently one of the sync's replaced the record in outlook with the one from DJO so I edited it again on June 7 and sync'd a couple times since then, last one at 4:51pm. I will email a screen shot showing the record in a reply to the support ticket email. Did the log only record the one sync back on 6/1 or does it keep recording after it is turned on? Do I need to turn it on again and re-sync?
    Yes,

Logging only stays on for 24 hours.

I just sent an new log from a new sync, attached to the support ticket email.