Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: After 1.2.2 update

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_CLtoDJOiPhone View Post
    I just sent an new log from a new sync, attached to the support ticket email.
    Hi Matt,

We are still trying to determine the issue with this. Will keep you posted as I learn anything new.

Duplicate Contacts after 1.22 and Import Contacts

I upgraded to 1.22 and Imported Contacts as required under Release Notes. The import was taking a long time, so I cancelled and now I have multiple duplcate contacts in DJO. How do I eliminate this issue?
    Thanks

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jwray View Post
    I upgraded to 1.22 and Imported Contacts as required under Release Notes. The import was taking a long time, so I cancelled and now I have multiple duplcate contacts in DJO. How do I eliminate this issue?
    Thanks
    Hello jwray,

Follow these steps:
    1. Open CompanionLink Setup
    2. Select Outlook Settings (Or the name of the Application you sync with if it is not Outlook)
    3. In the Applications Tab select the Purge n Reload Contacts Check box and click OK.
    4. Sync your phone.
    If the import process took a long time I would suspect that the Purge N Reload will take some time as well. Please be patient with this process. I do not advise cancelling in the middle.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Hello jwray,

Follow these steps:
    1. Open CompanionLink Setup
    2. Select Outlook Settings (Or the name of the Application you sync with if it is not Outlook)
    3. In the Applications Tab select the Purge n Reload Contacts Check box and click OK.
    4. Sync your phone.
    If the import process took a long time I would suspect that the Purge N Reload will take some time as well. Please be patient with this process. I do not advise cancelling in the middle.
    Hi Matt,

Can you please turn off Optimized Update Syn in CompanionLink?
    Steps:
    1. Open CompanionLink Setup on the PC Desktop.
    2. Click Options and uncheck the "Optimized Update Sync" option.

Let me know if that helps.

It did not change the result. That record still has a work phone on the phone and no work phone in Outlook.
    New info which may or may not be related. Today, I edited the business address and notes of a contact in Outlook then performed a sync. The phone record overwrote the Outlook record (returning it to it's original state). I had not edited this contact on the phone, but I had place a call to the contact since my previous sync, as follows:
    Previous Sync = 2011-06-08 (same as the log I sent)
    Phone call placed to contact = 2011-06-10
    Sync today = 2011-06-16

I re-edited the contact in Outlook, re-sync'd and this time the Outlook contact overwrote the phone. No setting changes and exam same edits to the contact.

As discussed I am now in the habit of checking my contacts sorted by "Modified" date each time I sync which alerted me to this situation.

Thanks,

Matt

DejaOffice Team Member
    It did not change the result. That record still has a work phone on the phone and no work phone in Outlook.
    New info which may or may not be related. Today, I edited the business address and notes of a contact in Outlook then performed a sync. The phone record overwrote the Outlook record (returning it to it's original state). I had not edited this contact on the phone, but I had place a call to the contact since my previous sync, as follows:
    Previous Sync = 2011-06-08 (same as the log I sent)
    Phone call placed to contact = 2011-06-10
    Sync today = 2011-06-16

I re-edited the contact in Outlook, re-sync'd and this time the Outlook contact overwrote the phone. No setting changes and exam same edits to the contact.

As discussed I am now in the habit of checking my contacts sorted by "Modified" date each time I sync which alerted me to this situation.

Thanks,

Matt
    Hi Matt,

This information is helpful to isolating this on our end.
    Have you ever tried the Reread Outlook Data setting in the Options dropdown of CompanionLink?
    This function actually has CompanionLink reread your entire Outlook database instead of just syncing the changed records. This is not meant to be a solution but it may help until we can get this fixed.

Changed the option as stated above and no difference / still different records. However, one thing I noticed is that the record counters didn't seem to match up. The PC counter when "Reading Outlook" went to 892 but the phone counter when "Saving data" went to 886, but the main screen and usual sync counter says 887 (see attached).
    I also tried changing the Primary Database to "Records deleted in both...will be sync.." and didn't make a difference.
    Attached Images Attached Images

DejaOffice Team Member
    Changed the option as stated above and no difference / still different records. However, one thing I noticed is that the record counters didn't seem to match up. The PC counter when "Reading Outlook" went to 892 but the phone counter when "Saving data" went to 886, but the main screen and usual sync counter says 887 (see attached).
    I also tried changing the Primary Database to "Records deleted in both...will be sync.." and didn't make a difference.
    Matt,
    Hi Matt,
    The sync counter (if this is what you are referring to) is not an absolute form of determining the exact number of records synced. Have you determined that there is a missing record in DejaOffice?
    Please Advise.

No, haven't identified anything missing, just wondering if possibly the sync is "skipping" that record which won't seem to update. Should I try a Purge and Reload All? Will that also purge and reload the Apple database since I have that being sync'd with the DJO database?
    Thanks,
    Matt

DejaOffice Team Member
    No, haven't identified anything missing, just wondering if possibly the sync is "skipping" that record which won't seem to update. Should I try a Purge and Reload All? Will that also purge and reload the Apple database since I have that being sync'd with the DJO database?
    Thanks,
    Matt
    Matt,
    I would try a Reread Outlook Data before I tried a PnR. It is much less intrusive a process, and designed for this kind of situation. A normal Sync updated records that have been flagged in Outlook as Changed. Sometimes items get missed so we put the reread data in the Options Menu. You can actually reread Outlook (Or any other PIM you are using) or DejaOffice this way if you are concerned a record was not updated.

I hope this helps.