+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PnR from Android to OL on 2nd PC

PnR from Android to OL on 2nd PC

Hi

I can perfectly sync my Android (HTC Desire S, 2.3.3) with OL2007 on PC1 which is the Master (Office). I did sync to my second OL2007 on PC2 (Home), which worked in the first place.

Because I had to correct a lot in the Master OL after some issues after the first setup I (unfortunately) felt that I want to sync the PC2 from scratch. So, I deleted all the entries in OL and told CLsetup on PC2 to sync from Android to OL only, keep changes on Android ... with the idea of having kind of a 'Purge and Reload' from Android to the PC2. ... bad shot ...
    The sync always ends without errors but OL on PC2 stays empty, while it still works perfectly with PC1!

How do I correct my fault of deleting everything on PC2 and get CL to simply copy everything from my Android to OL from scratch?

Thanks
    McL

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by McLion View Post
    Hi

I can perfectly sync my Android (HTC Desire S, 2.3.3) with OL2007 on PC1 which is the Master (Office). I did sync to my second OL2007 on PC2 (Home), which worked in the first place.

Because I had to correct a lot in the Master OL after some issues after the first setup I (unfortunately) felt that I want to sync the PC2 from scratch. So, I deleted all the entries in OL and told CLsetup on PC2 to sync from Android to OL only, keep changes on Android ... with the idea of having kind of a 'Purge and Reload' from Android to the PC2. ... bad shot ...
    The sync always ends without errors but OL on PC2 stays empty, while it still works perfectly with PC1!

How do I correct my fault of deleting everything on PC2 and get CL to simply copy everything from my Android to OL from scratch?

Thanks
    McL
    Hello McL,

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you are having troubles.

I have a few suggestions:
    You may want to verify the Folder settings are correct in CompanionLink on PC2 (HOME) . The data may very well be there in a sub folder somehow. We have seen this happen. This would be the simplest explanation. If you are confident the data is not there then try these steps:

1. Open CompanionLink Setup
    2. Click options and select Reread Android Data.

Also,
    Are you using the same sync method at work and at home? For example if you are using USB sync at work and WiFi at home, that could be a problem. Secure hosted does not support syncing with multiple computers at this time as well. Please specify the sync method for both PC's in your next post.

Thomas,

Thanks a lot. That was it.
    Data was not there and all the folder settings were correct.
    Reread Android Data did the trick.

Thanks and have a nice day.
    McL

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by McLion View Post
    Thomas,

Thanks a lot. That was it.
    Data was not there and all the folder settings were correct.
    Reread Android Data did the trick.

Thanks and have a nice day.
    McL
    Hello McL,

Glad to hear the reread worked.

+ Reply to Thread