+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Recurring / repeating appts re-appearing after edit?

Recurring / repeating appts re-appearing after edit?

I can't prove it, and I can't replicate it, but it seems that frequently repeating appts that I have edited for one instance later come back. The edited (different) appt is still there, but the old one in the regular time seems to be also. I am syncing one-way into Outlook, for backup only.

I know this sounds vague. It just seems that frequently I am calling clients to say "where are you" when it turns out we changed the appt last week to something different. Come to think of it, it may be happening more often with recurring appts that are every other week.

I realize no one can really help with this unless I can get more specific, but I thought I'd put it out there none the less.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dtmfcc View Post
    I can't prove it, and I can't replicate it, but it seems that frequently repeating appts that I have edited for one instance later come back. The edited (different) appt is still there, but the old one in the regular time seems to be also. I am syncing one-way into Outlook, for backup only.

I know this sounds vague. It just seems that frequently I am calling clients to say "where are you" when it turns out we changed the appt last week to something different. Come to think of it, it may be happening more often with recurring appts that are every other week.

I realize no one can really help with this unless I can get more specific, but I thought I'd put it out there none the less.
    Hello,

dtmfcc,

Sorry this occurring for you. We very much wish to help if possible.
    Can you please provide your configuration specifics?

Phone Model Android OS version.
    CompanionLink Build #
    DejaOffice version #
    Sync Method
    PIM (Outlook ACT! etc...)
    Perhaps a profile of the exact type of recurring event that has been affected in the past.

Thanks

Phone Model Android OS version. DroidX Android 2.2.1
    CompanionLink Build # 4.0 build 4019
    DejaOffice version # 1.11.3
    Sync Method USB
    PIM (Outlook ACT! etc...) Outlook 2007
    Perhaps a profile of the exact type of recurring event that has been affected in the past

I work largely on the basis of recurring weekly appointments. As near as I can tell, this may be happening with recurring appointments where I have edited next week's appointment only, for example. I am going to start keeping a list when I do this, and of course double check that DJO has correctly recorded the change. It just seems that lately I am having a lot of confusing situations where the client has moved their appointment, I remember doing so, the different appointment is in there, but later the old (recurring) time is in there too.

So far that's the best info I can offer.

Thanks

Deborah

+ Reply to Thread