+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bug: Categories are not completely syncing from Android to Slave (2nd) PC

Bug: Categories are not completely syncing from Android to Slave (2nd) PC

Hi

I have categories like Birthdays on my Master PC assigned to various calendar entries.
    They all sync successfully to the Android.
    However, the second PC I am syncing to does not get all of the categories. More precisely, some of the Birthdays do have the correct category and some have no category asssigned at all.

Versions: CL 4044, DJO 1.11.7, Android 2.3.3 and OL2007.

Regards
    McL

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by McLion View Post
    Hi

I have categories like Birthdays on my Master PC assigned to various calendar entries.
    They all sync successfully to the Android.
    However, the second PC I am syncing to does not get all of the categories. More precisely, some of the Birthdays do have the correct category and some have no category asssigned at all.

Versions: CL 4044, DJO 1.11.7, Android 2.3.3 and OL2007.

Regards
    McL
    Hello McL,

Thank you for reporting this. I have acouple of questions for you regarding your Configuration:
    Do all of the birthdays in your DB share the same category?
    On your second PC what type of Sync do you have configured in CompanionLink? Sync both ways, Android to Outlook, or Outlook to Android?
    Ideally this would be set to Android to Outlook. I singe direct path of synchronization is ideal in these situations. However, I am merely fact finding for the moment.

Please advise.

Yes, all bdays share the same category and all bdays have this category on the Master PC.
    There are other categories as well, of course and they seem to have syncd correctly.

Sync on Slave PC is USB direct, Android to Outlook, Android is primary and Android data is kept (though this is not yet relevant). I selected this 'one way' to be sure to keep the data on the Android 'clean' until everything seems to run smooth.
    Last edited by McLion; 06-20-2011 at 05:59 AM.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by McLion View Post
    Yes, all bdays share the same category and all bdays have this category on the Master PC.
    There are other categories as well, of course and they seem to have syncd correctly.

Sync on Slave PC is USB direct, Android to Outlook, Android is primary and Android data is kept (though this is not yet relevant). I selected this 'one way' to be sure to keep the data on the Android 'clean' until everything seems to run smooth.
    OK. Got it. Are you syncing via USB with both computers?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    OK. Got it. Are you syncing via USB with both computers?
    Yup.

In addition, I have to add that syncing to the second PC has even more problems. I deleted a phone number of a contact while changing another phone number of the same contact on the Master PC. The change syncd correctly to the Android. However, the second PC only got the change, the deleted number is still there.

McLion
    Last edited by McLion; 06-21-2011 at 02:19 AM.

+ Reply to Thread