Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Empty DjO DB after sync

Empty DjO DB after sync

Well, after 3 times I ready to wright here about this problem.

Sometimes after sync DjO starts with "welcome screen". And DjO DB is absolutely empty. I mean absolutely, including settings. DB file is something about 26kb in size and doesn't contain any data (contacts, meetings and so on).

I have following config:
    outlook 2010
    companionlinkpro 4044
    dejaoffice 1.11.7
    t-mobile G2 with cyanogenmod7 (android 2.3.3)

The only idea I have about why this happens:
    sometimes DjO forcecloses when my SD card is mounted to PC. Maybe DjO cannot normally see when SD card mounted to PC in android 2.3?

How can I help to investigate why my data clears 2 times in past 3 days? Will log file help you in this?

some more information, maybe it helps
    DjO crashes in this situations:
    1. always when SD mounted and alarm triggered.
    2. right after device reboot. I think when SD is not mounted to device but DjO already started.

are you shure that DjO correctly checks if Sd available before accessing DB that stored in clusb/? Maybe some changes in android 2.3 are involved?

This forcecloses are never happened on android 2.2 firmware.

I have similar problems...

See my post 'Big-sync-problem-after-updating-CL-and-Android-2.3.3'

Maybe you could read it and see if your problems are the same.
    If they are the same maybe that fact might help the DJO-team to solve the problem.

Sincerely,
    Alexandra
    Last edited by Lexie; 06-20-2011 at 03:17 AM.

Thank you Lexie, it looks like everything is just the same.

DjO is not compatible with android 2.3... It's very sad. Hope DjO team will fix this bug as soon as it possible.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mar00k View Post
    Well, after 3 times I ready to wright here about this problem.

Sometimes after sync DjO starts with "welcome screen". And DjO DB is absolutely empty. I mean absolutely, including settings. DB file is something about 26kb in size and doesn't contain any data (contacts, meetings and so on).

I have following config:
    outlook 2010
    companionlinkpro 4044
    dejaoffice 1.11.7
    t-mobile G2 with cyanogenmod7 (android 2.3.3)

The only idea I have about why this happens:
    sometimes DjO forcecloses when my SD card is mounted to PC. Maybe DjO cannot normally see when SD card mounted to PC in android 2.3?

How can I help to investigate why my data clears 2 times in past 3 days? Will log file help you in this?
    Mar00k,
    What would really help is installing a supported ROM on your phone. DejaOffice/CompanionLink does not officially support Modified ROM's of any kind. Contrary to what you state below we support 2.3, just not 3rd party versions. I get you are trying to help others and get this working on your phone. I just ask you to be a little more responsible about what you state in our forums. We support 2.3. We do not support Cyanogenmod7.

I must say that other than the problem with an occasional sync that does empty my DJO database, DJO works fine under 2.3.3.
    So I don't agree with you that it is not compatible. It is compatible!
    I use it everyday and am very happy with it. And most of the times the sync goes well and I never lost any data since it always transfered my changes correctly to my computer.

And I am very happy that the DJO-team and especially Thomas is trying to help me find out why that happens every now and then.

Sincerley,
    Alexandra

I second that!

Thomas, please let's find how to understand what is wrong, but not to advice to install other roms.
    By the way, in another topic
    Trouble-with-contact-birthdays-in-Android-2.3.3
    I ask you for test if that bug is present in OEM 2.3 ROMs?

I am a bit sure that this is genereal android 2.3 bugs, not especially cyanogen. So this should present in OEM ROMs.

Lexie, what ROM are you use?

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mar00k View Post
    Thomas, please let's find how to understand what is wrong, but not to advice to install other roms.
    By the way, in another topic
    Trouble-with-contact-birthdays-in-Android-2.3.3
    I ask you for test if that bug is present in OEM 2.3 ROMs?

I am a bit sure that this is genereal android 2.3 bugs, not especially cyanogen. So this should present in OEM ROMs.

Lexie, what ROM are you use?
    Mar00K,

I think you mis-understand me Mar00k. I am not requesting you install another ROM. I am stating we don't support non OEM Roms or test with them. You are free to choose whatever ROM you wish to use. I have not stopped looking for a resolution to this issue. It is not specific to Cyanogen.

Hello Mar00K,

Everything on my HTC Desire HD is as originally delivered when I bought it. The ROM therefore also.

Alexandra