Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Contacts Birthday does not show up in Calendar

Contacts Birthday does not show up in Calendar

If I populate the "Birthday" field in DejaContact (way at the bottom), I think the birthday should show up in the calendar.

my 0.02 ...
    This would be a hard one to not get duplicates. When you sync to OL, OL would add the calendar entry for the bday again. Maybe they can implement some kind of a logic to avoid these duplicates.

Quote Originally Posted by McLion View Post
    my 0.02 ...
    This would be a hard one to not get duplicates. When you sync to OL, OL would add the calendar entry for the bday again. Maybe they can implement some kind of a logic to avoid these duplicates.
    We use Palm Desktop. I suppose the same would apply.

This all came about because we have been using DateMate for about 10 years and wanted to move its features to my wife's new smartphone and finally drop the old PalmIII.

Having that quick list of peoples birthdays and anniversaries and death dates, along with the number of years automatically calculated and displayed was quite nice.

It was my quest to replace DateMate that led me to DejaOffice, likely the app of the century.

My wife flipped with joy when her sister called and along with the caller id, it showed how many days until her birthday. This must have come over from Palm Desktop.

You can see in the first attachment how sweet it is to see what birthdays and anniversaries are coming up when sorted by date. Pic 2 is sorted by name.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jasgot; 06-23-2011 at 05:36 PM. Reason: added pics

I used the Palm Tungsten for many years, I have the Archos 43 now.
    This is the problem for me too now! I don't see DJ Calender's birthdays in DJ Contacts now.
    I can't browse all my contacts (several hundred) every day to make sure that I am forgetting to congratulate nobody today.
    There is this option is in the PalmOS, there is this option in the OL...
    But why isn't there it in DJO? I would be very grateful to developers if it appears there.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotS37 View Post
    I used the Palm Tungsten for many years, I have the Archos 43 now.
    This is the problem for me too now! I don't see DJ Calender's birthdays in DJ Contacts now.
    I can't browse all my contacts (several hundred) every day to make sure that I am forgetting to congratulate nobody today.
    There is this option is in the PalmOS, there is this option in the OL...
    But why isn't there it in DJO? I would be very grateful to developers if it appears there.
    Hello Pilot,

The current design is based on popular request. I will pass your feedback on to the dev team. Thank you.

Are you planning to show birthdays and anniversaries contact data in Calendar?

May I add my name to the birthday and anniversary in Calendar request?

Quote Originally Posted by jasgot View Post
    If I populate the "Birthday" field in DejaContact (way at the bottom), I think the birthday should show up in the calendar.
    Strangely enough, the birthdays and anniversaries do show up in the calendar in Outlook (to which I sync from DejaOffice), but Android is my prime database so they show up only in contacts. I definitely expect them to show up and have an alarm in the calendar, as they used to in my old Palm.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Hello Pilot,

The current design is based on popular request. I will pass your feedback on to the dev team. Thank you.
    Hi Thomas,

Since almost 2 years have gone by, are we to conclude this isn't going to happen and we have to enter all birthdays and anniversaries into DJ Calendar manually ? Despite them already being available in Contacts ? Doesn't make sense, when we know all other applications (or at least those I know: Outlook, Palm Desktop) sync the info automatically.

Thank you for considering.

Samsung Galaxy A8+ (2018) - Android 8.0.0 - DO 4.4.14 (1102) - CL 5 (5098) - DejaCloud sync - Outlook 2010
    CL sync Android to Outlook one-way only - Sync with Android Contacts App (Contact Account DO) - No Sync to Android Calendar App - PC Windows 7

Any plans to make progress on this ? It's a key function, there's no point recording dates in Contacts if they don't show up in the Calendar.

Thank you.

Samsung Galaxy A8+ (2018) - Android 8.0.0 - DO 4.4.14 (1102) - CL 5 (5098) - DejaCloud sync - Outlook 2010
    CL sync Android to Outlook one-way only - Sync with Android Contacts App (Contact Account DO) - No Sync to Android Calendar App - PC Windows 7