+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DJO synching with 2 PCs: possible?

Richard, I also find myself trying to keep office and home PCs AND my Android phone in sync. The PC software is Outlook 2003. I also have recurring problems, sometimes created by the very dynamic of the process, sometimes by DJO's tendency to have SD card mount/unmount issues that totally mess up some of the syncs and force me to reload the phone occasionally, or backup and clear all of my data in one of the Outlooks and "refill" the software again, etc. Yes, it was simpler with the Palm/Outlook/Chapura KeySuite combination, except that a Palm TX is not a smartphone and Key Suite is a less powerful data-handling software than the CompanionLink/DejaOffice combo.

One thing that comes in handy, though, and I strongly recommend because you will find yourself using it recurringly, is a trustworthy duplication removal add-in for your Outlook. I use MapiLabs' Duplicates Remover for Outlook, which does the job quite well. It is neither expensive nor cheap, although its main problem is that you can only install it in one of your PCs -- unless you dish out more cash for a 2nd license.

Though I am syncing the home PC in one direction only, I still have issues with this 2nd PC. Calendar Categories that are coming correct from the office PC to my Android, but do sync only partially from my Android to the 2nd PC, just to name one issue.

I would be happy if the 2nd PC would work for one way syncing at least.

I used a WM device with Active sync for many years and did sync both-ways with both PC with no issues - after some issues at first, to be honest.

I have been syncing with a palm and 3 computers for years and am looking to replace that functionality with my new android phone. I needed a 3rd party app on the PCs (pocket mirror) to make it work with 3 computers. I was told by the companionlink sales department this was possible. where they wrong?

Well, I have contacted CL support as well before buying the product. And yes, they said it does work, which it obviously does not.
    Currently, I'd be happy it would sync correctly with one PC (see my other thread just openend).
    I'l look into the 2 PC thing later, when it works with one.
    Last edited by McLion; 08-16-2011 at 11:21 AM.

Hi,

I am in the same configuration for a while, needing a full 2-ways sync of 2 PC using one Android device, and there are remaining bugs, unfortunately.
    I have opened issues about syncing with 2 PC ; I'll try to revive them...
    - DJO deletes the -91d events when syncing with 2 PC
    - DJO does not sync notes content when syncing with 2 PC
    - DJO appointment title modification in Android when syncing with 2 PC
    - DJO does not sync deleted appointments when syncing with 2 PC

With such a 2-ways sync feature, DJO will be undoubtedly the best synchronizer on the market, but not totally yet.
    Since 2010, many enhancements have been made on the product that is really nice today.

Regards.

I had to get moving so I am using this.

So far I have only two problems.

When syncing to a second computer for the first time after syncing with the other I get duplicates of most but not all reoccurring appointments on outlook.

Some contacts are not making it from dj office to the droid contact list. Tech support sent some suggestions; I already did all but one which I am trying right now. I will keep you posted on that.

I have only been using this for a week; I hope there arent any more glitches.

Here's my config :
    XP&7 FR / Outlook 2007&2010 / DJO 1.11.9 + CLP 4.0.4047 / Samsung Galaxy S / Android 2.2 / Settings = 30 days back + sync both ways + sync deletions + sync alarms + cleared records + native Android contacts sync but no Google sync

You need the same for a full 2-ways sync and to find my glitches...

Regards.

Richard, how did you resolve this?

RichardW,
    I have a very similar situation. I have an Outlook file on my work PC and on my home laptop and need to be able to update data in both places and sync both ways so that the data is the same on my work PC, home laptop and iPhone.
    How did you resolve this? I'm curious to hear what solution you found.

Thanks,
    Megan

checking back in

Greetings,

The need to sync both ways with 2 different PCs is still with me and CL still doesn't do it. Today I found whole piles of duplicates and missing appointments on both PCs and the Droid 3. I hadn't been looking that closely because I was deep into a single flow of work. Now I am trying to resurface and get back to other calendar and task areas and I find the mess.

Has CL made any progress in this area? Any user advice?

thanks

rbw

Richard,

I gave on the whole CL/DJO method months ago. I needed to keep Outlook in sync across 3 PCs and my Android phone, and it was next to impossible considering the amount of data to sync (14,000+ contacts, 22,000+ calendar records.) I switched to Microsoft Office 365, which keeps everything flawlessly and safely (i.e., no duplication, no data loss) in sync on up to 5 PCs and your smartphone for $22 a month. It's a subscription that allows you to download not only Outlook, but the entire Office 2010 Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote) on all those 5 PCs for that ridiculously low monthly fee. Plus, if you don't have your PC or your smartphone with you, you can access and work on your entire Outlook data in the cloud (don't worry: it's safe.) Whatever changes or new records you create on Outlook on the web in a cybercafe in Marrakesh, they will sync instantly with all your PCs, smartphone and other devices (remember, up to 5.) Caveat: It won't work with the Microsoft Surface tablet. Its Windows 8 RT OS has Outlook.com built into it for email, but won't download the Office 365 Suite.
    Windows 8.1 - Office 365/Outlook 2013 - Nokia Lumia 1020

+ Reply to Thread