+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outlook Sync Problem

Outlook Sync Problem

First of all forgive me because I get the Windows World and I discovered the Android World. Forgive my poor English also

I am looking desperately for an application to synchronize my Outlook (contacts, appointments, tasks and notes with my HTC Sensation)

As I understand the DataOffice has a private database.
    When I start a synchronization, there are two steps:
    1. Synchronization between Outlook and DejaOffice
    2. Synchronization between the base of DejaOffice and Android

Tell me if I'm wrong

My problem is:
    DejaOffice is updated and when I go DejaCalendar, I have my appointments, but the base Android is not updated for the appointments, yet I checked 'Update Android - PCLink "
    For contacts, it works.

Thank you for helping me, because this synchronization application is the best of those tested

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ch@rly View Post
    First of all forgive me because I get the Windows World and I discovered the Android World. Forgive my poor English also

I am looking desperately for an application to synchronize my Outlook (contacts, appointments, tasks and notes with my HTC Sensation)

As I understand the DataOffice has a private database.
    When I start a synchronization, there are two steps:
    1. Synchronization between Outlook and DejaOffice
    2. Synchronization between the base of DejaOffice and Android

Tell me if I'm wrong

My problem is:
    DejaOffice is updated and when I go DejaCalendar, I have my appointments, but the base Android is not updated for the appointments, yet I checked 'Update Android - PCLink "
    For contacts, it works.

Thank you for helping me, because this synchronization application is the best of those tested
    Hi Charlie,

Here are some setup guides that may help.
    http://www.companionlink.com/support/kb/Setup_Guides

Also try these steps:
    1. Open DejaOffice and Tap Settings.
    2. Tap Sync Settings.
    3. Verify the Sync With Android Contact App is checked.
    4. Check the Contact Account Setting. (Only Contacts in Android that use the account in this field will be synced.)
    5. Go back to the main DejaOffice screen and tap "Read Android Data.)
    Does that help?

For the point 4. if I want to choose to sync Android with Outlook, what is the choice : "Contact account"

I don'tundestand

DejaOffice Team Member
    For the point 4. if I want to choose to sync Android with Outlook, what is the choice : "Contact account"

I don'tundestand
    Hi Ch@rly,

The steps outline above are to Sync DejaOffice Contacts with the Native Android Contacts application on the phone. Check the link I posted ofr instructions on how to Configure CompanionLink on you PC to sync from Outlook to DejaOffice.

Before always, thank you for your help

Well I still advanced
    But I still have a problem

For appointments in Deja:
    "Sync with Android Calendar App" -> Checked
    "Calendar Account" ---> PCsync
    And that's just fine

But my problem is for the contact.
    What I want is to synchronize my Outlook contacts with those on the phone and not those of my gmail account.
    In Deja:
    "Sync Contacts with Android" -> Checked
    "Contact Account" -> ?????? I have no PC Sync
    How? Which option?

DJO currently does not see the phone contact memory of your phone - that may (hopfully) change in a future version.

Android has more than one database/memory to put the contacts in. If you select settings while having the contacts application open, you will see that you can select which database you want to be shown within your native Android contact application: There may be Phone, Gmail as well as your SIM card and maybe HTC if you enabled this account.

Since Android can not see your phone memory, you need to select your Gmail account to the one to use with the native Android application.

Now, back in DJO synch settings on the Android, choose DJO to sync contacts to the very same Gmail account as well.
    One thing to make sure: Do disable the syncing to the Gmail cloud on your Android. Simply set it to manually sync and never sync it.

Thats all there is - and it will work.

Thank you for your explications.

"Since Android can not see your phone memory, you need to select your Gmail account to the one to use with the native Android application."
    You want to say : "Since DJO can not see your phone memory...." Not ?

So if I understand it can synchronize DJO with Agenda Android, but DJO can not synchronize with the Contacts Android, only Contacts Gmail.
    It's right ?

Thank you for your explications.

"Since Android can not see your phone memory, you need to select your Gmail account to the one to use with the native Android application."
    You want to say : "Since DJO can not see your phone memory...." Not ?
    Yup, you're right. Sorry for the typo.

So if I understand it can synchronize DJO with Agenda Android, but DJO can not synchronize with the Contacts Android, only Contacts Gmail.
    It's right ?
    For some phones, like my Desire S and obviously your phone too, yes.
    So, I use the Gmail contact account on my Desire S but do not sync it to the gmail cloud because that could lead to issues with duplicates.

It's ok now, but I've another big problem.

For somes contacts (+/-100), only the email addresses ares transfered, but no phones, no addresses, no category, no notes, ...

Help ! Help !

DejaOffice Team Member
    It's ok now, but I've another big problem.

For somes contacts (+/-100), only the email addresses ares transfered, but no phones, no addresses, no category, no notes, ...

Help ! Help !
    What account did you select? If it was a GMail account did you turn off Google Sync for the account?
    [AB42512] When you set up your Android, it automatically sets your Android Contacts and Android Calendar to synchronize to
    Google. Here is how to turn it off:

1. Open Settings. Select "Accounts", "Accounts & Sync", or "Data Synchronization"
    2. Select the Google account (if available)
    3. Uncheck Contacts and/or Calendar

Also, if the contact was originally created in the phone contact/database, this may be a formatting issue specific to your device.
    I hope this information helps.

+ Reply to Thread