+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can I have my phone, PC and tablet all sync'd? Please

Can I have my phone, PC and tablet all sync'd? Please

I have the following
    Phone - Samsung Galaxy S with Froyo
    PC - Outlook 2007
    Companion Link Pro

1. I am thinking about getting an android tablet to replace my crappy and slow netbook. I was wondering if it is possbile to have all 3 sync'd. The idea being that I could create or modify a record on one device and then it automatically changes on the other devices, so all 3 are always the same. Mobile Me seems to do this quite effectively for the Iphone, Ipad and PC, I was wondering if this can do the same?

2. How well will DJO work on a tablet and is there any plans for a tablet specific version?

3. Lately when I sync my phone it changes the way my contacts are displayed in Outlook. I have all my contacts filed as First Name/ Last Name, but after a sync it changes them all to Last Name/ First Name. Is there a way to fix this?

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester View Post
    I have the following
    Phone - Samsung Galaxy S with Froyo
    PC - Outlook 2007
    Companion Link Pro

1. I am thinking about getting an android tablet to replace my crappy and slow netbook. I was wondering if it is possbile to have all 3 sync'd. The idea being that I could create or modify a record on one device and then it automatically changes on the other devices, so all 3 are always the same. Mobile Me seems to do this quite effectively for the Iphone, Ipad and PC, I was wondering if this can do the same?

2. How well will DJO work on a tablet and is there any plans for a tablet specific version?

3. Lately when I sync my phone it changes the way my contacts are displayed in Outlook. I have all my contacts filed as First Name/ Last Name, but after a sync it changes them all to Last Name/ First Name. Is there a way to fix this?
    Hello Lester,

Thanks for the post.
    Here are some comments I have.
    1. CompanionLink Pro allows you to Sync up to 3 separate mobile device profiles.SO the Phone Tablet capability is already there and gaining in popularity I might add.
    2. DejaOffice for Android is Tablet Mode device ready. We have tablet mode for a number of screens that can be enabled. Expect to see more development over time just like the rest of DejaOffice.

The change in Outlook you report is very interesting.
    Can you please provide me with a few more details:
    Sync method
    DejaOffice version
    CompanionLink build #

Thanks,

Thomas, Thanks for the reply, very much appreciated. Info you asked for is below.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Hello Lester,
    The change in Outlook you report is very interesting.
    Can you please provide me with a few more details:
    Sync method USB
    DejaOffice version 1.11.7
    CompanionLink build #Version 4 Build 4039

Thanks,

DejaOffice Team Member
    Thomas, Thanks for the reply, very much appreciated. Info you asked for is below.
    Hi Lester please try updating to the latest CompanionLink version. Build 4046.
    http://www.companionlink.com/downloads/updates.html

If the behavior persists please let me know right away.

Sorry it has taken so long to reply.

I spent an hour changing all my contacts to First/Last name.I updated to 4046, synced and it changed about half my contact back to last/ first name. Spent another half an hour changing them back. Will let you know if they change back again. Also got a couple of duplicated contacts.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Sorry it has taken so long to reply.

I spent an hour changing all my contacts to First/Last name.I updated to 4046, synced and it changed about half my contact back to last/ first name. Spent another half an hour changing them back. Will let you know if they change back again. Also got a couple of duplicated contacts.
    Hello Lester,

Thanks for the update. If you are syncing with the native contact application duplicates can sometimes fill in from that side.

+ Reply to Thread